In a Word—WOW! Lessons, Laughs and Key Takeaways from This Weekend’s SUCCESS Symposium
What a sensational event! More than 2,000 people came from all over the world-20 countries in all! What an honor it was to meet and host people from the Netherlands, Australia, England, India, Bulgaria, Norway and Germany, as well as people from all over the United States and Canada who came in just to attend the SUCCESS Symposium. After the event was over, they all said it was life-changing and worth it!
Even if you weren’t able to be there, I’ll share some of my notes from the event and give you access to some of the exclusive resources we released there.
- Every aspect of your life is a mirror of you. YOU are the cause of every external effect in your life.
- You will only have the external outcomes of money, success, health, relationships, prestige, etc. that matches your level of internal personal development.
- Your money will meet you where you are. Like water, it seeks its own level.
- Who you are speaks so loud I can’t hear a word you are saying.
- If you grow, everything in your life will grow.
- What controls your attitude, PROTECT (from negative news, information and influences) and FEED your mind (positive, uplifting and achievement input).
- Consistency is the key to winning in any area of your life. It’s why the tortoise beats the hare every race.
- Learn to love failure, as it is the entry price to success.
“It brought me back to reality of who I need and want to become for me and my family!”
—Heather Brown, Brandon, Fla.
“Great ideas and practical information I can start using tomorrow to grow my business. I had never heard some of these ideas before. Very impressed!”
—Juliana Krijan, San Diego
- Every day, ask yourself if you’re living the life you want.
- Self-evaluation is the first step to success.
- I can’t stop aging, but I don’t have to get older.
- Character is how we choose to behave when life doesn’t go as planned.
- Leadership is a personal choice to live life with integrity, compassion and respect.
- We are usually treated exactly the way we feel we deserve to be treated.
- Break through instead of break down.
- Be the architect of your own destiny.
- Take an honest look at your life.
- Focus on your vision.
- Search out mentors and coaches.
- Let your core beliefs guide you and your code of principles define you.
- Use your passion, commitment and dedication to build your vision.
- John also presented the SUCCESS Foundation. See the new video HERE.
“This is one of the best meetings I’ve been to. It’s amazing to meet so many same-minded people in this event.”
—Jodi Chang, Toronto
“The ideas that came forth in this Symposium will propel my business and success to higher levels. Very powerful.”
—Edwin Grimwood, Richland Hills, Texas
- My parents paid me to read good books, but not to do chores, not to be part of the family. Paying me to read good books changed my life.
- Dreams: Everyone has them, very few people achieve them. You can’t be scared of failure.
The more valid reasons you have for achieving your dream, the more likely you will.
- Three of the 10 questions to test your dream:
- Is my dream really my dream? (the ownership question)
- Am I depending on factors within my control to achieve my dream? (the reality question)
- Have I included the people I need to realize my dream? (the people question)
- “The dream is within you. Let it out. It will bless you. And it will bless a whole bunch of people around you.”
- You can be wealthy and still not know who you are.
- What do you do with your 24 hours?
- You know who you are when you organize all the things you want to achieve in your life, all the things you’re passionate about.
“It reminded me of key principles I have heard and learned, but needed to go back to take action on. The event was awesome!”
—Jeff Ulery, Austin, Texas
“I’ve chosen the first three things to implement. Once those are accomplished, I will pick three more. I learned so much I will be implementing for years.”
—Dianna Kokoska, Lakeway, Texas
- Write down three things to get you started toward your biggest dream:
- What do you really want?
- What is the spokesperson/model company you’d like to follow?
- What is the embarrassing level of this dream?
- Give up your timeline for the really big one.
- Become a Ph.D. in your category, in the thing that inspires you the most.
- Play six degrees of separation. Use your network to get connections to the people in your field.
- To get what you want, say it out loud. Admit it. Admit to yourself what you really want.
- What separates the successful from the unsuccessful? Character traits you must have to succeed:
- Integrity: operating out of a single set of morals and values.
- Positive optimistic attitude: including the words we say to ourselves, to others, and what others say to us. Breathe life into the people around you. Be a person of praise.
Consider other people’s interests more important than your own.
- Positive attitude: The tongue has the power to create life and death. Your words have that power. What we say to ourselves and others can be a powerful force for good.
You have to have tenacity and perseverance. Push through no matter what.
- Say an encouraging word to another. Help another and you will be the one who benefits most.
- Pass along a book that made a difference in your life to another. Let your name appear in someone else’s testimonial for having given them the information that changed their life.
See the Special Jim Rohn Tribute Video: http://Video.SUCCESS.com
“I have tons of new ideas. I will attend regularly. I am more motivated!”
—Mary Blye Howe, Duncanville, Texas
“This has given me the tools and insights to explode my life into something awesome!”
—Ian Hurley, Bayfield, New Brunswick, Canada
- Don’t have a pity party; it does no one any good.
- Leaders are people magnets. Leaders are happy and smile. Bosses are intimidators.
In life there are two things: results and excuses. Be a person who removes excuses.
- Don’t sit around and wait for things to get better, make things better.
- Be careful what you hear and respond to.
- Find people who win and succeed and spend time with them.
- Be careful who and what you listen to.
- Be careful who you give the keys to your brain to.
- Expect great things.
- You have to go through a mess to get to a triumph, a harvest.
- Show up and fight. Show up and win.
- News: Turn off that crap. Feed your dreams and starve your nightmares (From A Beautiful Mind).
- It’s easy to be positive when everything is going great.
- Be someone people can count on.
- You have to have a core; you can’t just care about money.
SUCCESS Symoposium Exclusive Discount Resource Offerings
Every speaker was asked to offer a package of their best resources at the lowest price ever offered for our SUCCESS Symposium attendees. This offer will be extended to you for one week only. See HERE.
A philosophy I was taught at age 18 was to take 10 percent of your income and reinvest it in yourself, into your personal development. Never begrudge the money you spend to improve yourself, as it will reap a harvest in every area of your life and the lives of those around you.
That evening was also the launch of the SUCCESS Foundation:
If you were at the Symposium or the Foundation launch you are welcome to relate your experience in the comments below.
Follow Darren behind the scenes of SUCCESS: www.twitter.com/DarrenHardy
Share this post