Part 5: This is it—The GRAND DESIGN!

Review: INTRO, GETTING READY & PARTS 1, 2, 3, 4

Are you ready?
Ready to write (and right) your future?
Ready to be bold, dream big and put it (your aspirations) on the line (literally)?
Ready to proclaim your BHAGs (Big, Hairy and Audacious Goals)?

This is it. It’s time for the GRAND DESIGN.

This is actually the easy part. You knew about goal-setting before this course—how to make a list of what you want to accomplish in the next one to 10 years.

The difficult part has been the process we have gone through to get here—figuring out who you really are, assessing how you’ve done in life so far, and most important, what assets, strengths and opportunities you have to work with going forward. We’ll come to another big challenge later in the series when we work on figuring out how to take the dreams, ambitions and big goals from your Grand Design and develop the plan of action to achieve them. But right now we’re going to focus on developing your Grand Design. And as a result, you’ll identify the person, the accomplishments and the life you have always wanted to have.

The links to the Guidelines document and the entire set of worksheets to design your 10-year and this year’s goals are listed in the RSS feed excerpt sent to your inbox. The Guidelines document contains subtle and seemingly inconsequential instructions and questions. But following these instructions and writing your goals will help you transform your wishes and aspirations into results. We will also “scrub” all your goals to make sure they are S.M.A.R.T., BALANCED and will ultimately produce the whole-life success you desire.

Download and complete the GRAND DESIGN Worksheets – download 5. (NOTE: The links to the worksheet downloads are sent via the e-mail feed. If you are just now registering, the current and prior links will be in the next feed. E-mail feeds typically go out in the evening, following the published post.)

Before you begin this exciting process, I want to prepare you with a few thoughts:

Go BIG. Your tendency may be to prejudge your ability to have and achieve what your mind conceives, but let it flow. You may also prejudge your “worthiness” to have what your mind wants, but let it go.

It has been proven countless times by average people with meager beginnings who have risen to become extraordinary, world-changing achievers: Anything you can clearly visualize and genuinely desire is within the realm of possibility for you.

Or as the great Napoleon Hill put it, “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.”

Ask. We have been given a great promise that requires very little from you… only to ask:

“Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you.” —Matthew 7:7

Expect. You are called to greatness. Answer the call. Expect greatness from yourself. Your responsibility is to live out your greatest potential and be the best you possibly can be. Right here, right now.

Expect little and, as a result, receive little. Have great expectations.

Fear not. Lastly, I leave you to consider this passage from Marianne Williamson’s A Return to Love:

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

Do you have some BHAGs you want to publically declare? Questions, observations, encouragement for others? We welcome your comments.

Sooooo much more to come! We have now envisioned our dream house and built the foundation, but we still have to figure out all the materials, resources and the needed construction plan necessary to build this house of your dreams. Until the next installment…

Comments

1. there are insurance agencies that are scam too so make sure that you deal with legit insurance agencies *’”

2. Wire Gauge : says:

some insurance agencies are very greedy that is why i always take a second thought when dealing with them**-

3. Damien Balderrama says:

You are very welcome. Anything I can do (within reason) to serve our fellow Brothers and Sisters, I’m glad to do it. I just want to make a substantial contribution to humanity. I’d like to put the human element, back in to the word humanity.

I have a lot planned for the future, and I intend to use these goals to serve many. As I’ve said in the past, my Mission Statement is: “To help rebuild others who live amongst the debris of their own destruction.”

The praise and encouragement in your replies to my posts have been uplifting for me. To hear you say “Powerful words, Damien” as the publisher of SUCCESS MAGAZINE, means more to me than you know. I genuinely and sincerely appreciate you and your contribution to the betterment of our kind, Darren.

I love what you and your team at SUCCESS have done, and are doing. I just recently repaid my dues again for a two year subscription, if you had a lifetime subscription option I’d gladly partake in that too. One of my goals is to make such a large contribution to the betterment of others, that I too will be featured on the pages of SUCCESS MAGAZINE.

As you say on the CD’s- Call to Action, Darren. I’ll see you too in the next issue of SUCCESS MAGAZINE.

Thank you, and may GOD shower you and yours with an abundance of blessings!

Your Friend and Brother, Damien Balderrama

4. Barry Van Patten says:

Such a fantastic tool this is Darren, thank you for being a leader of people, and such a great idea to allow a place for people to come and encourage each other and ask questions. I have shared this with so many people but unfortunately think I am the only person to work through the steps… I am curious how long this will be left up as I am considering taking a few out to dinner if they will get through this.

Thanks again!

Mathew 6:33

Barry

5. Damien Balderrama says:

Brian,

Your post reminds me of a quote from Mark Twain. He said: “I’ve had thousands of problems in my life, most of which never actually happened.”

Stick with Darrens’ program, and turn those what if’s in to accomplishments. Our thoughts can help us to plan great goals. Yet, the goal will only be attained by prompt, persistant, and decisive action. I’ve had to come to terms with this concept myself on many occasions.

I intend for you to achieve all your heart desires Brian.

Your Friend, Damien

[DARREN HARDY] Great advice, Damien! Thanks for sharing! :)

6. Bryan says:

The problem with me is that I’m thinking too much already. I feed my mind with so many “what if’s” while dreaming of big goals. I guess I need to set aside those obstacles that are not even there yet and think of what I can do to reach my goal.

7. Andrew S. says:

Darren, I’ve fallen behind due to unforeseen circumstances. However – I’m back on track and pumped to drive this home! I hope you can keep this up for a few more weeks so I can catch up to all of you!?!?! All the best, Andrew

[DARREN HARDY] You can do it, Andrew! :)

8. Annie B, Alargi says:

Please include worksheets 6 and7. Thanks.

[MAGGIE SCOTT] Info. should be in your email inbox now, Annie! :)

9. JULIE (Kent,UK) says:

Hello Darren,
    I just feel so blessed to be involved in this extensive and profound programme that you have so generously given to us. This map to our greatness.

I had only done 2 wks of the programme and a few of the worksheets , when I was infused with the courage and strategy to confront the mgt of my company. I asked for a promotion which I had been waiting for(for the last 2yrs) and which seemed to be eluding me (because I didn’t have a clue as to how to go for it). Anyway I have now got my promotion and a considerable raise in salary all back-dated to 1st Jan 2010 ! That is how effective your programme is.
    So I intend to focus on the rest of it and go through all of the worksheets because I strongly believe that they are real tools with which we can all attain our greatest potential in our various fields of life.
    At this point I would like to thank you Darren for your generosity . I would also like to encourage all who are considering embarking on this journey (that of meticulously,mindfully and consciously planning the greatest 10 yrs of your life).
    Whatever that is worth doing is worth doing well.

[DARREN HARDY] Kudos for stepping up and getting what you want, Julie! And thanks so much for sharing your inspiring story with us! :)

10. Damien Balderrama says:

Racheal, I’ve been in your shoes. Except I’m a Father. Our kids are close in age as well. I’d like to say that, YOU ARE NOT ALONE. I have faith that you can pull through this. Believe me, if I could. YOU WILL TOO.

I was in a dark place for awhile. And I felt like there was no other way, then out. I’m so grateful for finding SUCCESS Magazine. I read a quote in one issue, that caused me to change my outlook, on everything.

In my darkest moment though, it was rough. Looking back on it I can say, it wouldn’t have been possible without divine intervention. I’m not trying to sound like a preacher, yet I felt the hand of God touch me.

So what ever you call that higher power. Whether it be God, Jehovah, Allah, Source Energy, or simply the Creator. Just call on him, and he will help you in due time. If you move toward him, he WILL move toward you. His steps are far bigger than our’s. So all we have to do is move a little, and he will move in huge strides.

Remember this: “You are the most POWERFUL person you’ve never met. . .Remember” Tell that to yourself right now. Say it out loud. “I am the most powerful person I’ve never met.” Then realize you can meet yourself, any given day. Today is your day!

Who do you want to be? I’d like to introduce you to the YOU OF YOUR DREAM’S. It is possible. You come from the Creator of all life. You must be like, what you came from. To God anything is possible. His DNA and genetic makeup is in you. This makes anything possible for YOU, as well.

Don’t give up on YOU! Don’t give up on your CHILDREN! They love you too much. God loves you too. I don’t even know you, We’ve never met. Yet I will say to you my sister, I LOVE you too. You are worth it. Believe you are worth it.

Ask God for faith, ask for faith the size of a grain of sand. Faith is the light that guides you through the darkness. The more you believe, the more you WILL recieve.

I hope this helps, my sister. Please remind yourself. “You are the most powerful person you’ve just met.” Say this out loud now “I AM THE MOST POWERFUL PERSON I’VE JUST MET.” With this power in you, aligned with the Strength and power of GOD, your storm WILL pass.

Much Love, Respect and Prayers to you.

~MAY YOU LIVE ALL THE DAY’S OF YOUR LIFE~

Your new friend, Damien

[DARREN HARDY] Powerful words, Damien! Thank you so much for jumping in and reaching out to someone in such great need. I am constantly in awe of the community we have built here. Thank you for being such a strong part of it!

11. tonia larue says:

hello, i am a single homeless mother of three whi is looking for direction and chg! i currently make 400.00
    a month. i feel soo lost, im 36 and stil feel hopless and seems i just keep going in circles! i want to get to where i need to be, but need some help. i have a son who is 17 and going to college this year, i have a 13 that will be a freshman nd my daughter who will be 7. last night i tried to take my life because i have lost hope,a sence of purpose. please help!

sincerly,
    racheal

[DARREN HARDY] Racheal, I cannot offer much better advice than Damien has below. Stick with us here and follow this program and you WILL find something to hold on to within YOURSELF!!! And please keep us updated!

12. Sandra says:

Only believe and ye shall be saved.

13. Rick says:

Thank you for your prayers, my friend. They are most appreciated.

14. Damien Balderrama says:

Rick, there must be something that your passionate about. The fact that you are part of this program tell’s me you are SICK AND TIRED OF BEING, SICK AND TIRED.

I’ll tell you what my purpose in life is, my mission staement: “To help rebuild other’s, who live among the debris of their own destruction.”

I’m not implying that you’re a destructive force in your own life. Yet, thinking that you can’t do something to change the outcome of your life, isn’t quite constructive.

I’d love to see you succeed. And I know that you have an untapped ocean of potential inside you. I wrote this peice which I call D’s Philosophy of P’s. I’ll paste it into this post.

I’m praying for you right now as you read this. Praying for the answer’s to come to you, before you give up on yourself. I believe in you my brother. Believe in yourself, and all thing’s WILL be possible. Keep your head up Rick.

Your new friend, Damien

D’s PHILOSOPHY OF P’s

There is a process for changing our potential into progress. It begins with asking ourselves the question. What am I passionate about? Once we’ve realized what we’re passionate about, we should prepare a plan to partake in that passion.

The next thing we do, is practice the plan. Persistantly prepare, plan, and practice, what it is we are passionate about. Then through our passion we will find purpose.

Persistantly preparing, planning, and practicing, our purpose with passion, will unleash our potential. This is the precipice that will propel us toward progress.

Procrastination and personal pity, will permit one to pay the penalties. Patience and perserverance will permit one to possess their prize, turning their potential into progress.

15. Rick says:

Damien, thank you for taking the time to respond.

I think for some people, what you are recommending will work wonderfully. So that guy who loves fixing cars opens a shop and lives happily ever after. That makes sense.

But for many of us, we don’t have gifts and interests that are so prominent or easy to act on. Ultimately, I *don’t know* the “one thing would make me happiest, to wake up and do on a daily basis”.

The things I love are the things that most guys love: watching the football game, eating out with my family, money. I have been trying to come up with some career goals that I can get excited about for a very long time and I’m not having any luck.

I been exposed to this notion of aligning your goals to your skills and interests in many places (books, magazines, blogs) but it just isn’t working for me. I am starting to wonder if this is a dead end. I am starting to wonder if this is something that I won’t be able to determine by way of introspection.

16. Damien Balderrama says:

Rick- We all have gift’s and talent’s that make us unique. Most of the time these talents are so easy for us, that we think it comes easy for everyone.

What interest’s do you have, what are you passionate about?

Chances are that the thing, that strikes up your interest, is the very thing you have a talent for. And this gift that you have, probably dosen’t come easy for thousand’s if not millions of others in the world.

Might I suggest that you think about what it is, that you love. Don’t worry about what other people are doing. Yes, Gary might be running a small independant insurance company, but he may be even more passionate about something else.

Ask yourself this question: What one thing would make me happiest, to wake up and do on a daily basis?

That is probably the business you should look into. I hope this helps you. I intend for you to find the right path, and being apart of Darren’s program here is a start. You are moving in the right direction.

Thank you Rick, for bringing up this question, I’m sure there are many other’s asking themselves the same thing. But you were the one brave enough to ask.

Your’s Truly, Damien Balderrama

[DARREN HARDY] Great advice, Damien! Thanks for jumping in! And I second your kudos to Rick for asking a brave question of so many “strangers.” :)

17. Rick says:

I am stuck. I want to start some sort of business but I don’t know what kind. The guy who commented before me (“Gary”) has “a small independent insurance agency”. How would I know if I would enjoy that business? Would starting that type of business be my goal? Should my goal be to have a lion taming business? I don’t what enough about insurance or lion taming or most other businesses to know if they would be good goals for me. How do I pick a business?

[DARREN HARDY] Match the business with the strengths and passions you should have discovered in yourself by now going through this process. Be sure it doesn’t center on what you also discovered are your weaknesses. Make sure it is a business that fits the LIFE you want to lead as well – something else we have covered.

18. Lyndsey says:

Darren, thank you!! this has blessed my life so much! Thank you!

19. Gary S says:

I just wanted to compliment you on this service as well as the excellent job you are doing with Success magazine. I have been a reader and subscriber since the l1980s and was so glad when I found the magazine had been restarted. Thanks.

As far as my BHAG…
    My wife and I are licensed foster parents. We have a 15 year old boy we adopted last year and a 9 year old girl we are fostering to adopt. Since my wife and I were never blessed with children of our own this has been a very special journey for us.
    I’m the owner of a small independent insurance agency I formed in 2001 in my spare bedroom. We have grown to 2 locations and 5 employees. We are still a small business that struggles to meet expenses and pay myself a small salary.
    My goal to take my business to the next level so my wife can leave her full time job and join the agency in a part time capacity so she can focus on the needs of our children. Being a foster parent means there are therapy, dr. psychologist, team meetings, extra reports and so on.
    With your help, the inspiration found in Success magazine and this extensive goals process I know I can do it.
    Thank you again!

20. Bill M says:

I’ve just recently joined your site. I love the Goal Setting Workshop and would like to access the worksheet templates that I’ve missed to date. How can I do that?

Bill

[MAGGIE SCOTT] I’ll get you all the previous materials asap! You can also go here: http://darrenhardy.success.com/category/design-best-10-years/ to get caught up immediately.

21. Myron says:

Thanks Darren for this accessment tool. Deep down most people know there are areas where they need to improve or they’re not satisfied with where they are, but they don’t have a way to analyze their faults in a way to make progress. I am learning a lot about myself. Somethings I already knew and some have hit me like the light knocked the Apostle Paul off his horse. I’m reading Jeff Olsen’s The Slight Edge now and this is one of those slight edge moments. It’s easy to fill this stuff out, but then it’s easy NOT to do it. I will put the slight edge in action to work for me and continue to do this exercise until I complete it! Thanks again.

22. Renatas&Vilma says:

Dear Darren. One more question.
    Haw should i adjust the wheel of life in the worksheet 9?

[DARREN HARDY] Simply evaluate your quantity and size of the goals in each area of your life and rate the emphasis on the Wheel and see if you are “rounded”

23. Renatas&Vilma says:

Hy Darren.
    This is Vilma.
    I need your help with the TOP TEN GOALS.
    Should i pick one most important goal in each part of the wheel of life. Or should i pick all 10 finantial goals if they mostly fit my mission and my core values?

[DARREN HARDY] Pick the goals that are most important to you, but be sure you don’t sacrifice the rest of your life (and priorities) for the sake of only one area of your life. Be focused and balanced. Tricky? Yes, but so is life.

Just spent an entire day setting my goals and creating a spectacular “Grand Design” for my next 10 years. I set some goals that are so big, so audacious and far beyond my current capability that if I meet even a tiny fraction of them I will be miles ahead of the pack. But I don’t intend to meet only a fraction of these precious goals. No, no no!! My intention is to meet every one of them within their allotted time. Then, for good measure, I will move into even more rarefied air with an even larger set of dreams and goals and desires to pursue.

That eulogy is looking more real with every passing second.

[DARREN HARDY] LOVE the enthusiasm, Rich! Keep it up!!!

25. Sandra Blodgett says:

Dr. Kris Sargent – Good luck with your endeavor. I love this team of people. It feels like we are all climbing this big mountain together. I truly hope we are all and especially you, are successful. It would make a pretty big difference.

26. Dr Kris Sargent says:

Just read this installment, and it presents the same challenge my coach has been pushing me with for the lat 18 months – THINK BIG!!! After losing 2 staff members this week – although I know it is for the best – I felt a little defeated. But, I know God has a plan – Jer 29:11 – and I have to continue on my quest to eradicate obesity and type-2 diabetes from my community and the world!
    Darren thanks for the inspiration and truth – “Your tendency may be to prejudge your ability to have and achieve what your mind conceives, but let it flow. You may also prejudge your “worthiness” to have what your mind wants, but let it go.

Your mind doesn’t care about the size of your goals. If you set little goals, you’ll achieve little goals; if you set big goals, you can achieve big goals. And for the most part it takes just as much time, energy and life force to achieve big goals as it does little ones. So don’t hesitate and Go BIG!”

27. Roger D. King says:

This excersie has become an “eye-opener” for me to show me two things..1, It’s NOT all about Me, and 2, I have really “wasted a lot of time” with Time and dream thieves!! NO MORE!!

Thanks for putting this together!

[DARREN HARDY] My pleasure, Roger! And thanks for sharing your “eye-opening” experience with us! :)

28. Alicia Blickfeldt says:

Can I just say … WOW! For years I’ve wondered how to set, define and achieve goals (sounds dumb I know), but you have clearly outlined this like a road map! It took me 3 hours to get through the Grand Design (what does that say about me ~ sheesh!) I’m happily exhausted. If NOTHING else were to happen through this process, I can now SEE how valuable it is to write your goals down. It’s like reading a good book, somehow actually seeing the words, visualizing the pictures/stories makes it a part of you … and in this case, it’s MY book; my own personal reality, and I created it! I have deeper thoughts on the subject than this, but I’ll stop here. Awesome. Love it, love it, love it.

Alicia

29. Gary Patania says:

Hello Darren,
    I started your woorkshop two weeks late. I am playing catch-up and enjoying my adventure.
    I am blowen away on how intense this workshop is. I think you are right. This workshop will birng out the best and the worst of you. Sell discovery is vitial to personall and social growth. Once we discover our self I know that we can become more balanced in our daily life and become a better person at home and at work.
    God has blessed you for helping so many.
    Gary

30. Mark says:

Hi Darren, I am really enjoying this process and am finding each step very enlightening. Thank you for providing this opportunity to everyone that takes the time to do the work.

I am a bit confused though with one thing on the Grand Design worksheets, and hope that you can help me understand it better. In the guidelines section you ask that we “Suspend Reality” and “Think Big” when writing down our goals. Then in the SMART section you teach that we should take our head out of the clouds and make the goal Attainable, which causes me to go right back to setting the same old regular goals that I usually set that have kept me in the place I curently find myself. Could you help me understand what I am missing in these instructions please?

[DARREN HARDY] Yes Mark, it is meant to challenge you both ways. I want you to free flow with no limitations just to see what comes out of you. But then when it comes time to decide on what you are going to go for, it is important to set reasonable timelines to make reasonable progress in the realization of what might be a BIG goal. The big goal however can’t be so big that even your inner self knows it is outlandish and will keep you from even trying, really. It is a balancing act.

31. Annie B, Alargi says:

Very great help and insightful too, looking to complete all worksheets. Thank you Darren.

32. Civilla says:

Hi Darren, I am really enjoying this exercise, even the dreaded questions that I had to ask three trusted friends. Of course all three of my trusted friends, one of those friends was my sister, said the same things about me. I guess that means I have some changes to make, but I am excited to make them. Thank you for doing this.

33. Jeronimo says:

Hi Darren and everyone else on board!!

WOW! I just finished catching up to worksheet set 4 and getting ready to the GRAND design. As others have said, it’s definitely hard work but it’s all worth it. I know there must be a lot of people out there who might be trailing a bit on the process like I did, just keep on going guys! Remember your signed pledge:

“Commitment is doing the thing you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you”

Looking forward to hear from everyone.

Jero

[DARREN HARDY] Thanks for the reminder, Jeronimo!

34. Cookie says:

I want to thank you for the time and effort you put into this program. I originally became aware of Success Managine through YTB and have been reading since it came back on the market. Although I am no longer associated with them, the greatest thing they gave me was Success Magazine.

I can feel a difference in my myself as I work through these weekly exercises. I can see and feel a positive change. I contacted 5 people and asked them for feedback on my success and weaknesses and was shocked at what they had to say. These people thought I was a creative accomplished person who had a lot to offer.
    My perception of myself was quite the opposite. 4 weeks ago I would have never even posted this message which shows I am making progress.

I thank you for everything and am committed to the program to its end.
    Thank you again, for your generosity and interest in people’s welfare.

Best regards, Cookie

This is great!!!

I am looking over the worksheets for creating the “Grand Design” of my life and it brings to mind the eulogy I wrote for myself last week. How important does that assignment become now the we are getting into the designing phase of this program? I know for me it created a crystal clear vision of who and where I want to be when it’s all said and done. This is truly beginning with the end in mind.

Ok, I am off to create that “Grand Design” that will make it real.

Have fun

Rich

36. Jim says:

Thank you, Darren and your team, for providing these great tools. I guess it has to hit each person when they are ready for it, but there has been too much of same old same old for me. Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results – I don’t think so! So do I really want to change? YES! I’m excited to see where this will lead. Getting my why clear enough to motivate me no matter what is huge. I know it sounds ridiculous, but in the past I’ve felt selfish by naming and working for something that sounds like its for me. And I’ve had a lifetime of “don’t you dare dream too big, because you’ll just be disappointed.” Well, sorry folks! Its time for a change. In the end, it isn’t really about me at all.. it is about serving at my highest level. BTW.. I turned 60 this month and it looks like the next 60 will be a blast! May the blessings flow to many, from everyone going through this workshop.

37. Tamra Trowbridge says:

Wow, do I have some news to share with you all.

Now that I have started with this course and listening to Jim Rohn, already I am starting to see opportunities appear.

There is a gentleman who owns a cruise yacht in Turkey. We have talked for several months, mostly about personal development, suggested I watch The Secret, helping me see that I can do what I set out to do.

Now he is wanting to help me set up and be his booking agent here in the US. National Geographic did a cover story on him but it was done Russian. Well, my husband learned Russian while in the Air Force and lived in the area while serving. My husband was excited to hear this and is willing to help me anyway he can.

With this opportunity, my husband and I can work together.

Thank you Darren for showing me that I am worth it and have the power to accomplish all that I seek to do.

Tamra

38. Josie Martinez says:

So whats wrong i miss the videos,what is it the rain is holding you back down there in San Diego.ha!..:-)

39. Jonathan says:

Goals BIG goals…! No matter what we can achieve it!
    With a burning feeling inside my hearth, Designing the best 10 years, and faith, NOTHING CAN STOP ME :D

Darren appreciate all you time!

40. Karma Youngdue says:

The visual diagram didn’t display property in online:

Here are 4 Quadrants:
    Quarant #1: Spiritual, Family and Relationship
    Quarant #2: Personal Development
    Quarant #3: Physical, Mental and Emotional Health
    Quarant #4: Financial and Business

–Karma

41. Karma Youngdue says:

Hi Darren, I am now caught up with all the previous modules and work sheets. After i have done self assessment worksheet, identify my strengths, weaknesses, opportunity, threats, and skills that I want to develop, and analyze “the wheel of life”, I developed a colorful visual diagram of what I called “My Life Quadrant”. Here is how it looked EVERY THING on one page:

VISION

Spiritual, Family & | Personal Development
    Relationship | [core values]
    [core values] |
    [List of skills to learn | [List of skills to learn or develop]
    or develop ] |
    ———————–MISSION————————————– Physical, Mental & | Financial/Business
    Emotional Health | [core values]
    [core values] |
    [List of skills to learn | [List of skills to learn or develop]
    or develop ] |

1. I put my vision statment on the very top as header in a colorful rectangle box
    2. I put my mission statement on the center and divide into 4 quadrants
    3. Each quadrant is consist of area of life, core value it support, list of skills to learn or develop to improve on each area of my life.

Here is an example of personal development quadrant:

PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
    Core Values: Freedom of Choice, Passion for Success, Innovation

1. Personal Growth and Development
    — Learn Success Principles by Jack Canfield
    — Set goals and affirmations
    — Vision Board
    — Develop Positive Attitude

2. HABITS
    — Learn skill to Get More Done in Less Time
    — FOCUS on the most important Things in Life
    — Money Habits (i.e, spending, saving, investing, giving)
    — Develop Physical and Mental Health Habits (i.e, excercise, meditation)
    — SMILE

NOW, I put this in front of my success binder that contain everyting I need (calender, to-do-list, success forms, etc) so that I can see it every day and it reminds me of what I need to focus on. I share this with you hoping that it may help some of you.

Karma

42. Linda Brust says:

I got behind on the process, but took the long weekend to catch up. I’ve been running through so many emotions, but feel good about my future. Hey, I’ve done some good stuff! And, I have so much to learn. I’ve also been listening to Jim Rohn’s Challenge to Succeed CDs, which has been complementary to this process. Thanks Darren for helping so many to start dreaming again.

43. Gerald says:

Darren, Just wanted to say thanks for giveing . I’m so blessed to recieve all this wonderful training. Who am I to recieve such great and faith building lessons. Its been great so far and I’m looking forward to this next lesson. I’m having to work hard to keep up and do this right but I’m doing it. So keep pouring it on.

44. Tania says:

We have the lucky standing here surounding with these amazing resources. Persistence really comes from within ourselves but it’s hard don’t be enteirely involved forever on this with so powerful incentives! A big big thank you all that sincerely support us.

45. Joy Savercool says:

My life is so aligned with growth right now that I cant even see straight !!! There are so many positives and negatives surfacing. All of which are imperative to this process. These “things” have always been in me, however, it wasn’t until this that I could actually acknowledge them.

The way this program works is amazing. I don’t believe anyone else or any other program on this planet could have got me to this point in this short time. I cant imagine how the next 6 weeks will go…………………….

Thanks :)

46. Deanna says:

And to everyone out there in cyberspace.

The passage from Marianne Williamson. was brilliant. I have been trying to figure out why my life has come to a standstill the last few yr’s. because I can not believe how much. I have achieve in the last 15 yrs. I have had much successes. my clts. and friends have always complemented me on all of my accomplishment, accolades, shows, awards and the list goes on and on. the reason why the passage gave me that ah ha moment was. I know what I am capable of doing in my next 10 yrs. and have created my own fear!!. to do it again. because I know what it is going to take.knowing full well I can do it. I fear myself, and how powerful I am!! however know one understands me?. I believe that is a MJ song LOL !! Love him!!seriously though. the passage makes complete sense for me. the career I am in has had me always working with men. I am fine with that. except after all my 32 yrs. with them they do not want to change. so thank you Darren for being my new mentor, along with success mag. I have so many more BHAG’s. & Dreams!!!!!!! Looking too KICK it Up BAM!!!!! 1,2 You Rock Darren!!

Deanna AKA ( Sensei)

47. Pauline says:

Darren, Thank you for provided this vehicle. God Bless you and your family. I’ve just completed part 1. I’m here to tell you that it was a struggle to list three accomplishment, so I never got to ten. I am sadden over the last ten years. The obituary was not difficult since I am right with God and kindness and the ability to help others is in my DNA. With your feedback and comments from my follow participants, my best 10 are in the making. Thank you again.

48. Chris says:

I finished the 360 today. I did the exercise myself ahead of time so I could see how I lined up with my friends, figuring to see how realistic I am about my strengths and weaknesses. I did not tell them my thoughts until after we were done, which led to more strengths, weaknesses, and sabotaging behaviors.

One friend had the same answer for all three: attention to detail …
    * greatest strength – I ensure my work is impeccable, the “i’s” crossed and “t’s” dotted (or is it the other way around?)
    * greatest weakness – I get so lost in the details I fail to pull up every so often to ensure we’re still executing the original plan
    * sabotaging behavior – I don’t manage detail vs big plan, getting stuck checking off action items rather than ensuring the project is moving forward

Great exercises, great thinking … now on to the plan and corrective action!

[DARREN HARDY] What a great way to discover more about yourself! You are truly a brave man, Chris! Glad you have such great friends that are willing to tell you the truth, too. Thanks for putting yourself out there and even sharing this with us here.

49. June Craig says:

It is never to late to begin again .

You can begin again whether you are 9 or 99 …..

Developing the Grande Design and Identifying Myself has been a grande challenge !

To others .. reading this I invite you to step out of 2009 and out of the Wilderness of you life and find your way into planned Grande Personal Desgin for 2010 .

Thank you for all your words and strength of encouragemen t

50. Lucinda says:

Every Tuesday and Thursday, I check my email with excited anticipation! This is such a great exercise and I have been enjoying it immensely.

51. Robert says:

I have not received the links to any of the worksheets. I saw the other comments to that effect, and Darren’s response (which didn’t assist). If there is a link to the worksheets can you email it to me?

[MAGGIE SCOTT] I will be in touch to help you out very soon, Robert!

52. Frédéric says:

-> Is it just me, or was there no link to the Part 5 Guideline on today’s RSS email?

Same here, I miss out on the link to the Part 5 Guideline. It would be great if I could get that nice crucial part emailed also. Most appreciated.

[MAGGIE SCOTT] I’ll email it to you as well! Anyone else having this problem can email me directly at maggie@darrenhardy.com and I’ll help you out. :)

53. Debbie says:

Darren, Thank you for offering this course. I have learned so much about myself just from the first 4 parts. I am looking forward to identifying my goals and moving forward with a positive attitude. Could you please email the RSS part 5 feed. I did not receive that email today. Thank you again. Debbie

[MAGGIE SCOTT] On it’s way, Debbie!

54. Damien Balderrama says:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Thank You Darren, and the whole Success Team for your contribution to the lives of many.

I want to publically declare that, “I WILL be an Empowerment Coach.” I want to give back the gift that Succes Media has given me.

My Mission Statement is: “To help rebuild those who live among the debris, of their own destruction.”

I WILL make this goal manifest. Through SUCCESS MAG, and the work’s of the many mind’s, your publication, and website has lead me to, I’ve been able to save my life(literally). And change the course of my future.

Once again I’m genuinely, internally, and eternally, grateful. Let GOD’s abundance shower down upon you all.

~May You LIVE All The Day’s Of Your Life~

55. Robert Stith says:

Hi Darren, I’m currently employed as a bedding specialist for a Mattress Specialty Store in Lapeer,Mi. This morning I was out of my comfort zone. I went back to the elementary school that my daughters attended and introduce the video ” Who Moved my Cheese” to 34 elementary kids. Their ages range from 10 to 12 years old. It was a blast sharing that information with the young generation that I had to wait till I was an adult to get. To see their eyes light up when they could relate to the 4 characters was awsome! I stayed to listen to their dicussion afterward and they got it. It so cool to study this program and to input what you learn right away.
    Keep it coming;)

Faithful Student,
    Ribert@Michigan Connection

[DARREN HARDY] Great story, Robert! Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

56. Alyssa McCool says:

I have absolutely adored every minute of this process so far! THANK YOU for providing the tools and inspiration for me so that I can properly reflect, learn, plan, and then TAKE ACTION! Thank you for discovering what you were made to do…and then going to DO it! – We are so lucky to benefit from your talent.
    You are well gifted! May you continue to be blessed as you bless others, Darren!

57. Bryan says:

[MAGGIE SCOTT] I got everything just fine in the RSS feed today, Bryan. But I’ll go ahead and email it over to you right now just in case there was a glitch in your feed. You should still the email tonight with the links, too.

58. Nicos Elia says:

When setting Goals, I seem to get confused as to what constitutes a Goal and what constitutes an action step towards achieving a Goal. If I spend too much time thinking about Goals and action steps I seem to reduce all my Goals to a single Goal with the rest being action steps towards achieving it. For Example if under Financial I set the following goals
    1. become a Millionaire
    2. invest 10% of my income
    3. pay off my loans and credit cards
    4. increase my income by 10% each year
    5. invest in real estate
    6. kids education fund
    7. Charity
    8. Retirement account
    9. Relevant Reading / Self education
    Arguably Goals 2 to 9 may be action steps towards achieving Goal 1.
    Similarly if, under Physical, I set a Goal to be 80Kg 18% fat then joining a gym, weight training, aerobics training, balance diet, appointment with dietician, sleeping 7hrs per day, drink 8 glasses of water per day, all seem to be action steps towards achieving the 80Kg and 18% fat Goal.
    To cut a long story short we can only have one Goal for each area of life the rest are action steps. Am I correct or am I lacking creativity here?

[DARREN HARDY] Nicos, A goal is a destination, an action step is a stepping stone to getting you to a destination. #1 & 3 are good goals – specific. #2 & 5 is an action step. #6-9 need more specifics. It might be helpful to re-read S.M.A.R.T.

59. Jeffrey Neubauer says:

Been looking forward to this since Thursday! Time blocked out this evening, but always love getting this preview! Thank you Darren!

To our greater success,
    Jeffrey Neubauer

♥Service-Peace-Love-Equality-Compassion-Laughter-Hope♥

May Darren Hardy enjoy happiness and the root of happiness!

May Darren Hardy be free of suffering and the root of suffering!

May Darren Hardy not be separated from the great happiness devoid of suffering!

May Darren Hardy dwell in the great equanimity free from passion, aggression, and prejudice!

[DARREN HARDY] That’s a lot of well wishes Jeffrey! Thank you!! :-)

60. Laron Henderson says:

Plan on finishing the last two worksheets when I get home. This exercise has really made me think about what I have accomplished over the last 10 years which I feel hasn’t been much. But with this plan the next 10 years and I’ll look back and be able to better fill in the sheets. My goal is to transition into a business minded mentality from a job mentality. This is going to be the year I venture off on my own and I’m going, have to, and need to make it work.

[DARRENHARDY] Laron, you are certainly off to a great start by committing to Designing the Best 10 Years of Your Life! Kudos to you!

61. Shonda Pertilla-Sissoko says:

Darren, thank you so what you are doing. I have been blessed so much and reinforced so much from my participation in this exercise of planning for GREATNESS. GREATNESS is key. Expecting, Living and Giving BIG!

I also read in your archive, ” The Eight Levels of Charity” by Maimonides. I’ve printed it out and posted in my cubicle. #1 When charity is dispensed altogether by helping others gain the wherewithal to earn their own living and thereby making it unnecessary for them to be dependent upon others.

I am currently employed as a Rehabilitation Counselor in a non-profit whose mission is to help persons with disabilities become gainfully employed and independent. We also have an Entrepreneurial program. So, yes we are giving at the highest level. My goal is to personally give at the highest level.

Peace & Blesssings

1. [...] INTRO, GETTING READY & Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 , 8, 9, [...]

2. physical therapy…

[...]Part 5: This is it—The GRAND DESIGN! | Darren Hardy, Publisher of SUCCESS Magazine[...]…

3. [...] INTRO, GETTING READY & PARTS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, [...]

4. [...] Jim Rohn, Napoleon Hill, Success Magazine Review: INTRO, GETTING READY & Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, [...]

5. [...] darrenhardy.success.com/2010/01/db10-goal-setting-grand-design/ This entry was posted in Personal development and tagged Darren Hardy, Designing the best year of your life, Lifelong goal, Personal strategic plan, The best year of your life. Bookmark the permalink. ← A Custom-Fit Life Nine Things More Important than Capital by Jim Rohn → [...]

6. [...] INTRO, GETTING READY & Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, [...]

7. [...] INTRO, GETTING READY & Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, [...]

8. [...] INTRO, GETTING READY & Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 , 8, 9, [...]

9. [...] INTRO, GETTING READY & Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, [...]

10. [...] INTRO, GETTING READY & Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 , 8, 9, 10 So you now have your well-designed goals�fantastic! You also have your plan of [...]

11. [...] 02 Feb 2010 Review: INTRO, GETTING READY & Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 , 8 Wow! We have covered some incredible ground thus far! You have your ambitious and [...]

12. [...] INTRO, GETTING READY & Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 , [...]