Part 6: The MAGIC Factor to Achieving Your Goals

Review: INTRO, GETTING READY & PARTS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Typically, the first thought that comes to mind after writing down a goal is, “What do I need to do to accomplish this?” That, unfortunately, is not the right question to ask.

Let me give you an example—When I was single and ready to find my wife and be married, I made a long list of the qualities of the perfect woman (for me). I filled up more than 40 pages describing my wife to be in great detail—her personality, character, key attributes, attitudes and philosophies about life, tastes, interests, even what kind of family she’d come from, culture, and of course physical makeup down to the texture of her hair, etc. I wrote in depth what our life would be like and what we’d do together.

If I then asked, “What do I have to do to find and get this girl?,” I might still be on that butterfly chase. Jim Rohn taught me, “Success is not something you pursue. What you pursue eludes you. Success is something you attract by the person you become. If you want to have more, you must become more.”

So what I did was to look back at every aspect on the list and ask if I had those attributes myself. Additionally, I asked myself this question: What kind of a man would a woman like this be looking for? Who do I need to become to be attractive to a woman of this substance?

I made a long list of all the traits, qualities, behaviors, attitudes and characteristics that I assumed a woman of this caliber would be looking for in a man. I filled up 40 more pages describing who I needed to become. Then I went to work on becoming those qualities.

Guess what? It worked! As if she was peeled off the pages of my journal and appeared in front of me, my wife is exactly what I described and asked for, in almost eerie detail. The key was my getting clear on who I’d have to be to attract and keep a woman of her quality, and doing the work to achieve that (and I’m still working on keeping that part!).

Let me give you another example to bring this home for you. Let’s say your goal is to earn another $100,000 this year. Now we need to ask the question, ‘Who do you need to become to be an extra $100,000 valuable?’ Your answer might contain some attributes—stated in the positive, “I am”—such as:

• I am a disciplined master of time efficiency.
  • I focus solely on high-payoff and high-productivity actions.
  • I wake up an hour earlier and review my priority objectives each morning.
  • I fuel my body properly and exercise four days a week so I am energetic and highly effective each work hour.
  • I feed my mind ideas and inspiration that will support and bolster my passion.
  • I surround myself with peers and mentors who elevate my expectations and prod me to rise to greater levels of discipline, commitment and achievement.
  • I am a smart, confident and effective leader. I seek and cultivate the strength and greatness in everyone around me.
  • I deliver excellence to my clients and continually find ways to ‘wow’ them, encouraging repeat transactions and abundant referrals.

Before you can have, you must do. And before you can do, you must become.

To achieve something you have never achieved before you must become someone you have never been.” —Les Brown

In the download documents I will walk you through the process of discovering all that you need to become in order to achieve all that you desire. We will go through the characteristics, behaviors and disciplines you need to adopt as well as the behaviors you need to expand on and maybe the ones you need to eliminate altogether. We will figure out together how to become the person who would achieve your goals, and would deserve them.

Download and complete the MAGIC FACTOR Worksheets. (NOTE: The links to the worksheet downloads are sent via the e-mail feed. If you are just registering now, it will go out again with the next feed. E-mail feeds typically go out in the evening, following the published post.)

What are the top few ways you need to change or improve your behavior, habits or disciplines in order to achieve your goals? I encourage you to share your thoughts in the comments section below.

In the next installment I have another big secret to getting all you want. This single shift in focus can alter the results you get in every area of your life 180 degrees.

1. I am only commenting to let you know what a impressive encounter my cousin’s child undergone reading through your blog. She even learned numerous things, which included what it is like to possess an incredible helping mindset to get other folks without difficulty grasp various hard to do matters. You really did more than our own expected results. Thank you for rendering the practical, trustworthy, educational as well as unique guidance on that topic to Janet.

2. Rose Johnson says:

Hello,

I’m right there with Kaytie on just learning that the archives are closed. I thought I had signed up but apparently I had just signed up for the weekly newsletter which I love. You would think that NOT getting the emails would have been a clue for me! I just assumed the links to the worksheets would always be available. I’ve just finished the Magic Factor and really have my heart set to finish. Could you assist me as well? Many thanks!

[MAGGIE SCOTT] Hopefully you are all signed up now, Rose! I’ll send over an email to you right now to help you with the archives. :)

3. Kaytie says:

I see now that the archives are closed–as per your answer to Ben. Although I started this fantastic, enlightening journey right at the beginning in January there are so many other factors in my life, new business as of October 1 which requires a 12 hour day, 6 days a week at the moment, 7 days during most of January, (Success, Jim Rohn, Darren being a huge part of my inspiration to take the leap), along with my family, and squeezing in other commitments in between, that I have fallen asleep at midnight completing the worksheets. I AM in the top 5%, committed to succes, committed to making a difference, committed to being all I can be in all areas of my life. I soooo want to complete this. What do I need to do?

[MAGGIE SCOTT] Hi Kaytie! Don’t worry, I just sent you an email with some help to get you want you need. :)

4. Kaytie says:

Hi Darren or Maggie,
    I have been unable to access the archived worksheets. I am on #6 but the password best10 is not working after opening the link.
    Could you advise please?

[MAGGIE SCOTT] Help is on it’s way, Kaytie!

5. Ben says:

Darren – I’m trying to get caught up and can’t seem to get into the archives with the posted password to get the last couple of worksheets. Is there a new password? Thanks for such a great program. Ben

[MAGGIE SCOTT] Hi Ben! The worksheet archive closed to the public on March 1st but I will be in touch with help soon. :)

6. Peter says:

Darren, thank you for an absolutely incredible experience! This program WILL change my life!
    One question for you, if appropriate…..
    One of my top 3 ONE YEAR GOALS involves creating a business plan for a business that I am extremely passionate about. There are hundreds of “Business Plan” nooks on the market, but do you have one to suggest as the Ultimate Resource for Creating an Effective Business Plan?
    Thank you so muck for your mentorship!

[DARREN HARDY] Here is my business plan outline (FREE): http://www.successmagazine.com/ext/resources/files/Business-Plan-Outline.pdf

7. Sandi Berger says:

I have learned soooooo much from the SUCCESS publication. Thank you for changing my life one magazine at a time.
    Like you, my car runs on gas and personal growth CD’s. It’s never ending what we can learn, unlearn and create in our lives!

Your the BEST Mr. Darren Hardy!

Sandi Berger
    Life By Design Fitness

8. Antonio Galvan says:

Thank you Darren for this great opportunity. I’ve done several goal creating and “how to keep you on track” programs that just don’t seem to work for me. But they all seem to ask the same questions and in the end get me to the same results. But this program is like non I’ve ever done. The questions reach deep in to my soul and have already rocked my “goal setting” world with things that I thought were right, but were wrong. I feel like all this time I’ve been asking my self the wrong questions.

Again that you for this.
    -AG

[DARREN HARDY] Thanks so much for the positive feedback, Antonio! Truly means a lot to me. :)

9. HENRY DUKE says:

i just want to sincerely say thank you so very much for this process. it really is a blessing. i signed up right at the onset and i have been religiously following the instructions…it is the only thing that i have ever religiously and seriously followed to the dot and beyond…

as a final medical school student, you wouldnt think it would be easy, but i am doing it…this is more valuable than all the material i have received in all the years i have spent in medical school…
    as a result, i have already made tremendous changes in my life and the way i lead it. I quit my parttime job because i saw it was eating me away from rather than building me, got enough strength to face the boss and told him (calmly but confidently) how badly he treated us, and he confessed that he didnt value people…i quit.
    i want to live a life that matters, where i contribute something to humankind… you have made me realise alot that i didnt know i had.

my online business is now catching up… and most of all, i am able to say that i have started living. indeed the history of great men was never written by chance but by choice, THEIR CHOICE, i too, am writing my history, my life script. thank you for the great awakening and inspiration and wisdom… i will forever be grateful…

10. Keisha Cutler says:

Like so many others have already stated this program has been life-changing, because it’s more than setting goals; it’s challenging us to look at WHO we are. I’ve enjoyed all of the assignments, but I would say completing worksheet 6 has been the pivotal or “Ahh Hah” moment for me! This one exercise has now showed me HOW to “Be the change I want to see in the world” This quote by Ghandi is one of my favorites because change really starts with me and this program is now showing how to make this a reality.

11. Luis says:

I think that greatest thing for me so far has been the obituary. I am young, 24, but I know there are things I want to accomplish before I die. Knowing what I want me life to mean gives a new direction. Before, I thought I could coast and get serious later. The reality is that in order to climb that huge mountain, I need to start climbing and not expect to be able to climb it when there is not enough time to get to the top. Thanks

12. Carolyn says:

i’m having trouble downloading the homework pdfs for 6 and above.

[MAGGIE SCOTT] Hi Carolyn! I’ll be in touch so we can get this all worked out for you.

13. Johan says:

Hi Darren… I have just finished worksheet no 8, being on the road all week I was way behind but I’m making good effort today… boy that drilling hurts, my head hurts but it’s good, no one has ever challenged me to go so deep, something good will come out of it I just know it… I also wanted to tell you I was at the Team Major Convention in St Louis I think it was last spring when you spoke and I was very impressed, learned a lot… great stuff

14. Rosa Grayden says:

Thanks, I’m truly smart and anxious!

Hi Rosa – The password is at the bottom of the emails for both session 7 and 8.

[DARREN HARDY] Thanks for helping, Rich!

16. Rosa Grayden says:

Unable to receive 7 & 8. I forgot my password as well.

[MAGGIE SCOTT] Hi Rosa! The password is located a the very bottom of the last three emails, right below the link to the archive. I’ll send it to you asap as well. :)

17. Lyndsey says:

ok, this one session alone screams CHANGE MY LIFE to me!! :) Thank you so much, Darren. This is fantastic!

18. sue says:

got the e-mail found the password and to say aloha and mahalo nui loa now to keep on moving on with all on this journey to succeed in all ways possible

Hi Sue,

If you got the email for session 7, the password is in there.

20. sue says:

still awaiting my password for download #7

[MAGGIE SCOTT] Hi Sue! The password is located at the bottom of the email installment, just under the download link.

21. Dan Nichols says:

I can not find the worksheets for the 7th installment. I feel that I am making progress on my goals in life and really think that this is a great course.

22. Felicia says:

Just do it!! It’s easier to talk about what you are going to do, but to put your structures in place and practice what you preach is a completely different thing. I’m determined that this year will be different for me. I am going to set my goals and work them once I set them. I plan on giving and blessing others. I plan on doing what I need to do to become what I need to become. This is my decade.

[DARREN HARDY] With that attitude, Felicia, YES it is YOUR decade! Kudos to you for making such a positive change in your life. :)

23. jodi renee says:

Almost finished the Magic Factor worksheets – I’ve been struggling with these for a few days now…
    Not so much the year goals – It’s brilliant to put so much into these, and see what needs to happen!
    I just find that I don’t really know what I want 10 years from now!!! Let alone ‘who I need to become’ to get there in 10 years!!! I’m questioning some of the things “I think I want” down the road…

24. Kim Neal says:

As I am reading through these comments, I am finding that they are very helpful and inspiring… I am abe when I am stuck in an area, read a comment and see maybe a different direction to go or a whole new thought process that I might not have been able to see before….Thank you All who are commenting and sharing!!!

I am also doing Bill Phillips Transformation Challenge… I am on my second challenge…I did my first last year…This is really helping me to look deeper within myself and examine where I would like to go and knowing that I can be responsible for where the next 10 years of my life can lead me is very exciting!! ~ Kim :)

25. Nathalie Bonnard-Grenet says:

I am so moved by all the comments, and it is also empowering. This is a real challenge with myself, and I don’t feel alone.
    This sharing is very inspiring!

Thank you all of you for being so open and sharing your thoughts in such a personal process, it’s helping me to keep going and play it big!

Darren, you definitely deserve all these great comments. Just another manifestation for me! As I was looking for a mentor! Here you are! The magic factor continue!
    I just begun a ‘Manifestation list’ today, to acknowledge what I desired in my life. It doesn’t always appear the way I expected it, but it’s manifesting! I am very grateful.

Thank you!

I am only one voice here, and I can’t speak for anybody else, but Darren I can promise you this – this program, this moment in time – this is it for me. I will never again settle for being less than I can be.

I just completed the MAGIC FACTOR worksheets, and the difference between the person I have been to this point, and the person I need to be moving forward in order to achieve my lofty goals is clear.

I have taken part in many goal setting workshops in the past, and it’s always been the same process – set the goal, put it on paper, then get out there and pursue those goals like crazy. Never have I come at it from the angle of actually becoming the person that would naturally achieve my lofty goals. It’s no wonder so many of my big goals and dreams have eluded me to this point.

Amazing! Bring on the next challenge.

27. Daniel Guzman says:

Hello Darren,

Finally, I caught up. I Joined last week, but I have done all my homework. The 360 view was very helpful, although it caused mixed reactions. One of the answers from a friend was “WHYYY are you asking me these questions?” I explained, but never got an answer. Anyways, I learned something from that too. I have never done anything with enough passion and I have invested a lot of time trying to “find” my passion/purpose in life. I’m 43. I wrote as my top goal: to live my passion, give purpose to my life and make a living at it. I can’t stand working at something that is not fulfilling. I had troubles trying to be S.M.A.R.T. with that one. One behavior I have to change to achieve this goal is to stop trying to solve my problems going solo and start surrounding myself with motivating, supportive and like-minded people. I found hope and inspiration in Success magazine and this program. Thank you Darren!

28. Greg says:

All great material… however, my handwriting is lousy and I prefer to type in my responses..Is there any way to open the PDFs you send out and actually input my information ??

[MAGGIE SCOTT] Hi Greg! You actually can input your answers in the PDF forms (see the purple message when you open the PDF), you just can’t save that data so be sure to print it out before closing.

29. Asia says:

Dear writer above,

I don’t think you’re missing anything. I’ve found in The Magic Factor #10, I have “common denominators” for Who I need to Become. The attributes, Disciplined and Focused keep popping up.

It lets me know that I can accomplish Everything with these attributes in place.
    I’m building a women’s well-being community and I’m learning that by focusing on high-return activities, I can build momentum and reach my goals faster.

That means, I need to hire a few women to take care of the smaller details.
    This exercise has taught me to do two things: Hire & Inspire. Hire women to grow the community and inspire them daily to keep moving forward. Darren, thank you. By feeding my mind, I am better able to feed the women I serve.

30. Jackie says:

I can not believe how much time it is taking me to complete these worksheets, as I have had to dig so much to find the answers, talk about walls….

However, after I heard you speak for us (ACN) in Anaheim in Dec, and then I was advised of this course, I knew you were the one to get me to the next level of my life and my business.

Much of this I began to do prior to your course, as it is required for my growth with my business, however it was never completed. Becoming the person I want to attract and setting my goals was indicated as a must do/have, but I had no idea how to accomplish it. You have it laid out so clear with a structure in place that helps so much to put a plan in place.

I am a little stuck on Worksheet 10. When I read the example that you had included for “Who I Need To Become”, I found that the majority are qualities I need to be and do to accomplish what I want to accomplish, ie my goals. But where I get stuck is that I am finding that the same qualities apply to all my goals. All the goals that I need to accomplish require that I am all those same qualities in order to accomplish any of my goals. Does this make sense?

Is that possible? or perhaps I am missing something?

[DARREN HARDY] It is possible, at the same time I would challenge you to dig a little deeper into the specifics of who you need to become and how that person shows up. For instance, I have a relationship goal and a financial goal and a fitness goal. Some qualities are the same – a person of integrity, commitment, determination, etc. But some are different – affectionate, non-judgmental/accepting, servitude, masterful orator, intense, regimented, etc. The qualities and attributes I need to be is different for different goals and outcomes. Dig into more specifics of the behavior, disciplines, habits and character you need to cultivate for each goal.

31. Deanna says:

Thank you for putting this material together. I’ve always kept goals, but I’ve never been this clear or focused. These exercises have really pushed me to clarity. Now that I’m getting clear, I see opportunities everywhere.

Its true that when the student is ready the teacher will arrive. Thank you!

32. Jennifer says:

Darren-
    I know there have been a few other comments along this line, but WHERE WAS THIS 10 YEARS AGO?!? Well, I know you were around, but I think that had I done this 10 years ago my life would look so different. Some of the worksheets have been challenging/eye-opening/frustrating. BUT….my husband is doing it as well, and the good news for us — we have some of the same goals (financially speaking) for the next year & 10 years! Better late than never I guess! :)

[DARREN HARDY] Just think how happy you will be 10 years from now when you won’t have to say that again! :)

33. Elda Titus says:

How thought provoking the worksheets have been. It will help me a great deal with my future plans and to eliminate my frustration of uncertainty. Am behind on the worksheets, but working on them. I am sure heeding your advice will be the best thing I ever did. I want to express my sincere gratitude for your time, video and help. Certainly God puts people in our lives. In closing a quote from Anais Nin, “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive. Thanks again.

34. Aldo Novak says:

What I like most in this wonderful activity is exactly the systematic approach Darren uses, as told by Manoj.

In two words: JUST WORKS.

Thank you, Darren!

35. Manoj Shrivastav says:

Greetings of the day, Darren, you are very good at details, i have tried to set Goals for myself for past so many years, but would leave it uncompleted, your systematic approach, is the best. Now i know that my coming 10 years and further 10′s would be great, i would be able to do the best ever thing possible, and fulfill my purpose on this Earth. To all subscribers, and who ever is following Darren onhis mission, Have a wonderful future. I am from Mumbai, INDIA.

36. Gina Mure' says:

You have NO idea how much this is helping me. I tend to allow myself to get pulled in way too many directions (nonstop ideas, thoughts, etc); this is helping me get focused and organized in so many ways. I truly appreciate the time you are taking to share these great worksheets with us!
    I literally came across this quote right after finishing my gratitude worksheet in Starbucks the other day:
    “We are most alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” Thornton Wilder
    I am heading out to work on more now; thanks!

[DARREN HARDY] Great quote, Gina! Thanks for sharing it with us!!!

37. Chris says:

The aspect that was not so obvious in all of this work was the drive to keep up and execute all the work! If we can keep up, focus aggressively on the process, and hit the DONE button by the Friday of the last installment with a thorough understanding of ourselves and where we want to go … not only do we have a great plan to execute but we have developed a new skillset: how to drive to complete a major task, which in this case would be the plan.

Very clever …

[DARREN HARDY] Awesome realization, Chris! Hope others discover the same newfound skill from this process. Thanks for sharing with us. :)

38. Brian McElfish says:

This was a tough one. I can’t breeze through it and I have to go back and revise. But I’m starting to get the point of how being specific can drive me. It actually forced me to change my long-term goals to pick ones that were more far reaching and measurement based. But by attaining those goals, I will actually be attaining other goals just as important to me, or putting some more far reaching ones within easier reach.

The difficulty of this process is producing some amazing results and is leading me in new directions. Because of the focus this is providing, new resources and techniques are finding me. I am also looking at topics I thought I knew in new ways with a different focus and purpose. It’s really exciting!

Brian, Orange County, CA

39. Cheryl says:

I extend my gratitude to you Darren for your selfless effort at encouraging transformed lives for all to benefit. To achieve my goals will require more critical reflection, discourse like this blog, and taking action according to plans. The outcome from these steps must be belief in success and transformative learning; then start the process again. Make it my new lifestyle.

40. Randy Hill says:

Thanks for providing all of this information, Darren. And thanks for including the CDs in the issues of Success. The CD is how I was introduced to someone who is now one of my favorite teachers of all time, Jim Rohn. I only wish I had known about him years ago. Thanks again.

41. Phyllis says:

I want to thank you for taking the time to mentor us in this series. I have been widowd for 2O years. My son was 18 mos and he is now 21. I put all I had in my son and now that I am an empty nester, this series has confirmed what I have always known. I have low self esteem and confidence. I read, study and never seem to move ahead. I love learning. Sometimes I have to walk away from the workhsheets, because “regret” sets in, but I always return and finish the process. In this I want to know what the block is. I think most of my problem is being successful! I am determined to have my travel business my sole avenue of income in 2010. Travel is my passion. Also after being a single mom for so long, I find it uncomgfortable putting “me” first.
    Whitney Houston’s new song is my mantra while completing this series…”I Didn’t Know My Own Strength.”

Phyllis

[DARREN HARDY] Keep pushing ahead, Phyllis! Don’t let this be one more thing you regret. You still have plenty of life ahead of you, Design a great future for yourself. Sounds like you definitely deserve it!

42. Ki Morrow says:

Darren, You hit the nail on the head…This is truly awesome! I have to catch up filling out
    my info as well. But I just turned 30 last year and I expect to become a completely
    different person in order to receive a completely different successful life. My prayers
    are that I begin to walk in my purpose and I know this information
    is definitely preparing me to do just that. May God Bless and prosper you in all that you do.
    I am truly thankful to be a student.

43. Kandy says:

Darren, I am 55, “what” I want to achieve has always eluded me…is it too late to be all I can be and look forward to success in retirement being in debt, and not schooled in the things I really wish I could do?

[DARREN HARDY] It’s never too late, Kandy! But don’t waste any more time, starting today will get you moving in the right direction for the next 10 years and beyond!

44. Piper says:

I have to say that today I had an “a-ha” moment! To finally wrap my head around the idea that I need to become the person that deserves certain things is eye-opening.
    This is one of my goals..to have a more honest and open relationship with myself this year. I have been on a journey that had stripped me to the core and I am working on re-building. This has come at a perfect time so that as I do re-create myself I do it the right way…focused on being balanced and whole in all areas of my life. You are really helping me sort through years of false beliefs and confusion. I am really excited to do this next workshop, and then the next, etc. Thank you so much for your help and generosity.

45. Jane says:

I have had the same goals for the last 15yrs – lose weight, get control of finances, more time with family/friends. No matter how much I wished and deseperately wanted it. Was at the point where I didn’t think I could change – this was just who I was going to be-never felt so low. Just happened to see your blog and started walking through the worksheets. Now feeling optismistic. Can’t wait to work on next step.

46. Deborah says:

Good morning Darren,
    I’m just downloading today’s worksheets and like you I save each weeks for the weekend when I can truly spend the time to really think about where I’ve been, where I am now and where I want to go.

After completing the first four sessions I am realizing I have spent the majority of the last 10 years going through the motions without much emotion.

I plan on changing that these next 10 years and begin living my life with passion and purpose.

Thank you.

47. Denise says:

Thanks Darren,
    Your ability to articulate the where the Magic is, keeps me looking for your next blog entry. I am having so much fun completing the exercises and although I started 2 weeks late I am putting in the extra time to catch up – knowing that the process your providing will be the difference I needed to attract the goals I am striving for.
    Thanks again!

48. david ls pallangyo says:

Please,send me the MAGIC Factor worksheets.
    Thanks.

[MAGGIE SCOTT] Will send you the latest installment PDF asap!

49. Tamra says:

Kerry, I am right with you. Lack of self-confidence has kept me at bay long enough. Now that I know that I have something to offer and learning how to set goals, nothing is going to stop me now.

Thanks Darren for everything!

50. Kerry says:

Top ways I need to change:

I need more self-confidence (which I believe comes from confidence in the Lord) to trust my own opinions and ideas.

My husband told me this on the 360 S.W.O.T. Analysis. Still waiting for the other 2 people to answer. They answered #1 right away.

I agree that I need boldness!

51. J-P says:

I have so much growth to go through, this is helping me so much to finally take action and have the direction I need to do so. Already this is working, we are at the lowest points in our lives in many ways and she made a suggestion that came like an epiphany. Essentially her suggestion made complete sense, would solve multiple problems and give us the direction and path we have been needing. Where did this idea come from? She read my obituary that you had us do two weeks ago and it was stated quite clearly in my own handwriting. We are now investigating the options to achieve it. Great experience. Read your own obituary!!

[DARREN HARDY] Thanks for sharing the epiphany with us! I’m sure many will benefit from reading their own words in their “obituaries” after working through more of the program as well.

52. Arlene says:

Hello Darren…I started today after listening to the webinar…Thanks so much for making the information available…as a SCORE business counselor I try to find new ways to assist my clients…. Arlene

53. boni says:

Could you walk me through the steps from the beginning please.

54. boni says:

how can I access all of the course from the beginning? I came in late and amfeeling a little overwhelmed.

[MAGGIE SCOTT] Just take it one installment at a time! You don’t have to hurry to catch up, just go your pace and save the installments and downloads and complete on your timeline. I will make sure you get all the previous materials asap!

55. Chantee Stockton, CA says:

I signed up last week and it’s very challenging for me to catch up, BUT I am determined to see this through. Your example today regarding attracting success was very thought provoking. When you wrote about how you attracted the wife you desired after having made a list describing “the perfect woman”, you then determined who you needed to become for her to be attracted to you. (my paraphrase). It made me look at just about every aspect of my life in a different light and ask questions like “what kind of wife do I need to become, what kind of daughter…mother…hairdresser…? WOW!! I never claimed perfection, but somehow or another I left most of the work up to the other people…I always knew I needed to work on me, BUT now I REALLY KNOW, you know what I mean. I pray that I am a much better “ME” at the end of this journey – a success attracting human magnet! Thank you so much.

56. Kay says:

I am amazed at what I am discovering about myself! Thank you so much for mentoring all of us. I bought your program earlier but thought it was more detailed than I wanted to be, now realize how important it is to fill out all the questions.

57. Gwen says:

I read this post this morning and it became an “a-ha!” moment to me.

I’ve always wanted to have a really nice house but I’ve felt that I didn’t really deserve it. But as I have gone through the day today and thought about what you had written, I realized that I need to BE the kind of person who DESERVES a really nice house…then everything will fall into place. This may not seem like a very big deal, but the principle of it is what hit me. This is GOOD STUFF! Thanks so much for all you’re doing for us!

[DARREN HARDY] You DO deserve it, Gwen, and with a bit of hard work, you will get it. Thanks for sharing the moment with us!

58. Adriane says:

I teach a Women’s Bible Study class at my church. I’m sharing this information with each of them with the hopes that this will encourage them as much as it has encouraged me. I believe this process has great spiritual significance and is truly a blessing. Thank you for the tools… they allow us to do the hard work that leads to transformation. Many blessings to you and all of your endeavors.

59. Ursula says:

Thank you so much! and as Attilio said you are officially my mentor as well! All of this material is wonderful. I did the same thing before I met my husband. I made an exercise and wrote one page about all the qualities I wanted to find on my future husband and all the things I wouldn’t settle for. Later on that year, I met my husband who is such a wonderful man with a personality and outlook on life that inspire me every day. Of course, as you said I also had to become more. Thanks again :)

60. Stephanie L. Jones says:

Darren, thank you! God bless you for your seed sown into my life. This will benefit my family for many generations!

I’ll admit that I am behind. I got behind because this was forcing me to look so deep into my soul that some days I would stop writing. I would be afraid to go any further because I always write the truth, and sometimes it was painful. I would tear up. I’m getting to know myself. My husband described this process perfectly. He said, “We are looking in the mirror at ourselves and seeing everything.” You can’t alter the reflection of a mirror.

I’ve shut down to regroup a couple of times, BUT I ALWAYS PRESS ON! This is preparing me to have a MAXIMUM IMPACT on the world, and I’m excited about it!

[DARREN HARDY] That husband of your is a smart guy! :) I’m sure you are not alone here, Stephanie. Facing the hard truths is all part of the process. Just think, if this program was easy, would you still gain as much from it?

61. Ken Saveth says:

Darren:

So far, this program has been a real eye opener for me & allowed me to be really introspective of my life, my actions & my place in life at this moment. Thank you for this.

In the Worksheet 5 download, there is a “Wheel of Life” for us to complete but no instructions as to what scale to use. What are we supposed to do here? The earlier one had a scale to use.

Ken Saveth
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

[DARREN HARDY] Simply evaluate your quantity and size of the goals in each area of your life and rate the emphasis on the Wheel and see if you are “rounded”

62. Gilbert says:

Hi. I am just starting with the worksheets. I had started with the Design Your Bestd Year Ever. It has been stimulating and gives me hope that I can change my behavior and be the success I want to be. I am working on a home based business opportunity and historically have not been consistent nor followed through with any independent program opportunity which I felt good about. I am hoping Darren that with your program it will help me become more focused and consistent with the actions I must do to be successful in providing and high quality of service with value to others and thereby earn a hugh income for myself so I can build a more abundant life and home for myself and family.

63. Crystal says:

Darren you are keeping your promise of making me dig deep! I must admit it’s been a challenge! In fact I almost chickened out when you dared us to get feedback from people close to us. I immediately thought “Ok, I’m done”… but then I stuck with it and the unexpected happened! Although the feedback pointed out my weakness and were I might be sabotaging my efforts, that feedback took me to a new level of hopefulness, confidence, and really awaken my enthusiasm! So thank you. I also thanked my friends for being honest and I thank you again for putting the challenge before me! You’ve presented excellent questions throughout this process so far. I can’t ever remember being this “awake” and enthusiastic to go for it!

[DARREN HARDY] Crystal, I’m so happy you didn’t “chicken” out and are still committed to this program with the rest of us. And thank you for telling us your story, I can only imagine how many others had the same weak moment. Hopefully by sharing this with us, you will have touched someone else to push through, too! Kudos!

64. Attilio says:

Hi Darren. I want to let you know that you are offically my mentor! :-)
    My most measures I have a fairly successful life (married to a beautiful women who is a good wife to me, have 2 beautiful young daughters, nice house, etc…) but my lack of confidence and low self esteem has always held me back from going for it and taking my game to the next level.
    By doing the worksheets I am realizing that I am the one stopping myself, not things from my past like parents and upbringing. I made the choices in my life not anyone else. As simple as that sounds it has been a revelation for me. I am working diligently to improve myself so that success (my definition of success not anyone elses) will come to me; not me chasing it.
    Thanks again Darren! You are truly a special human being.

Ciao,
    Attilio

65. sean says:

Wow Darren I’m blown away so far, i am pounding your information into my head and i’m loving it! your note about your wife i’m going through the same thing right now, i have found her this i’m sure now its time for me to change for myself and become that magnet that will pull her to my side, so far this journey i’m embarking with you and your program is helping me grow, learn, develop and become a better person for myself, friends, and most importantly family. I reread my mission and vision statements daily as to remain focused on my goals and life path. I have plotted my wheel of life out and I am now developing a strategy to make my wheel round and balanced…in a nut shell THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.

66. Deb says:

Thanks so much for caring about your audience….rare in the world today – please know how much we all appreciate your kindness in giving this program free of charge.

[DARREN HARDY] You are so very welcome, Deb! I’m really enjoying the comments and conversations with all of you during this process so don’t think I’m not getting anything in return! :)

67. Civilla says:

One of the goals that I have for this year is to be married, how eerily timely this blog is. I continue to be amazed by this entire process!

68. Gaylene Bruce says:

Darren: I have been married for almost 28 years, have 8 children and 4 grandkids. I did not write a list of my perfect mate and at that time, didn’t work on becoming a person who was worthy of a perfect mate. However, I ended up with a terrific man, hard worker, awesome husband and father. We have weathered some really tough times in our marriage…almost ending it at one point and I know it is because neither of us is seriously working on becoming the kind of spouse that we are looking for in our spouse. So after 28 years of marriage, I am going to be seriously engaged in becoming the kind of spouse that attracts the kind of husband I want.

69. Melissa says:

I totally did the same thing when desiring to be married. I worked on my OWN character traits and within 2 years I was happily married! :)

70. Andy Hammerschmidt says:

Darren, can’t wait to see you at our Vemma convention next week in Vegas!!! I was at last years Vemma convention, which was the first time I had heard you speak and you were unbelievable. I work for a fairly large software company, and each year at our convention we have keynote speakers come in and talk to our clients and the employees who are asked to attend. I can honestly say that after I heard you speak last year, I was blown away and have been a huge fan!!! What you are doing for us with this designing the next 10 years, is PRICELESS! Just wanted to say thank you.

Andy

[DARREN HARDY] Thanks for the kudos Andy! Vegas will be fun – see you there!!

71. Kevin McEwen says:

This is an amazing process that you are taking us through. The facets of the Goal setting puzzled me a little…Ie, I incoporate spirituality into Lifestyle, and family into relationships (for the most part) and have done so for years in my goal setting.

Although, admittedly, haven’t done as good a job at achieving goals as I have of setting them.

So I guess my question is, just how important do you think the specific segments are ??

Thanks again for this process and your guidance

[DARREN HARDY] That is a question you have to answer, Kevin. The process is a guide, adjust as you see fit. If spirituality by itself is not important or you interpret it as lifestyle, that is OK. If you want to break out relationships from family, OK too. Go with what works for YOU.

72. Alicia says:

It’s amazing that when the student is ready the teacher appears.

“BECOMING” is such a difficult yet rewarding journey. My head feels like it’s going to burst with all the new ideas, pictures and information I’ve amassed since spending 3 hours on the GRAND DESIGN segment. It feels wonderful and overwhelming, but I’m sure it will be well worth it in the end when I BECOME who I really want to be.

Thanks for being my teacher and my mentor.

Alicia

[DARREN HARDY] Alicia, it definitely will be worth it in the end! I am so glad to have you joining us on this journey. And be sure to keep us posted with your progress!

73. Jeffrey Neubauer says:

How did you know Darren?

Attracting my “perfect” companion is one of my Top 10 goals for 2010! (Not my BHAG though! LOL)

Thanks for enlightening me!

Here’s to becoming even “more” attractive!

As always, much thanks and anticipating your email tonight at 8pm CST!

To our greater SUCCESS!
    Jeffrey Neubauer

74. Marge Hoyt says:

You are the epitome of “when the student is ready, the teacher will appear”. I will be 65 in in 10 years, and want to review a stupendous decade of growth, rather than the unimpressive decade I am just finishing. Bless you!

[DARREN HARDY] You can do it, Marge! You have already won half the battle by signing up for and participating in this program. Keep it up and you will most definitely have your “stupendous decade of growth!”

75. Nisheth Joshi says:

This stuff is incredible! I’m very grateful for having the privilege to go through this program. You’re making a huge difference in the lives of many.

Thanks again!

76. Aldo Novak says:

Just FANTASTIC.

I am reading and really studing everything. The material is just fantastic!

Aldo Novak
    Brazil

77. Thomas Evje says:

just wanted to say thank you for such a great series that you are sharing. I only registered today so I am catching up.

Is it possible to get all the documentation that I have missed?

Thanks

Thomas

[DARREN HARDY] Welcome Thomas and welcome anyone who is just getting started on this journey… or who have gotten sidetracked and are jumping back on board!! It’s OK if you got behind, just don’t get left altogether… you can catch-up anytime!

78. Steven says:

I am receiving so much from your mentorship thank you! I am glad that we have connected and this course is truly a blessing.

I have postponed writing my goals for the New Year until I have completed it.

2. [...] INTRO, GETTING READY & Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, [...]

3. [...] INTRO, GETTING READY & Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, [...]

4. [...] INTRO, GETTING READY & Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 , 8, [...]

5. [...] Review: INTRO, GETTING READY & PARTS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 [...]

6. 名牌汇|博客|幽默|恐怖|故事|惊悚|…

[...]Part 6: The MAGIC Factor to Achieving Your Goals | Darren Hardy, Publisher of SUCCESS Magazine[...]…

7. [...] darrenhardy.success.com/2010/01/db10-goal-settingpt6/ [...]

8. [...] INTRO, GETTING READY & Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, [...]

9. [...] INTRO, GETTING READY & Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, [...]

10. [...] Review: INTRO, GETTING READY & PARTS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 [...]

11. [...] INTRO, GETTING READY & Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, [...]

12. [...] INTRO, GETTING READY & Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, [...]

13. [...] INTRO, GETTING READY & Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 , 8, 9, [...]

14. [...] INTRO, GETTING READY & Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 , 8, [...]

15. [...] I then had my goal and it was specific, measureable, attainable (I hoped!), relevant and time-sensitive. If I then asked, ‘What do I have to do to find and get this girl?,’ I might still be on that butterfly chase. Jim Rohn taught me, “Success is not something you pursue. What you pursue eludes you. Success is something you attract by the person you become. If you want to have more, you must become more.” So what I did was CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE [...]