MONEY, MONEY, MONEY (1 of 3)

Your Body Your Diet: New Vid = Massive Conversion Boost

width=”300″ height=”199″ />When I asked a friend, who was wearing his smile upside down, what was troubling him, that was his answer, “Money, money, money!”

Seems to be the same answer if you ask what’s troubling Wall Street, the housing market, the unemployment rate, political campaigns, charitable endeavors, corporate quarterly earnings, small-business startups and the strife between husband and wife: Money, money, money!

So, let’s talk about it.

Money—love it or hate it, you need it. Best you get buddy-buddy with it. Promptly.

Aside from temporary setbacks and extraordinary fortunes of inheritance or luck, if you want to know how someone feels about himself or herself—look at their bank account.

If you want to know how someone feels about himself or herself—look at their bank account.

Money is one of the greatest measurements of one’s mindset. As Jim Rohn says, “Your net worth will seldom exceed your self worth.” This is probably why there is so much emotion and psychosis tied to people’s relationship with money. It can be very revealing.

Thus, if you want to fix your money problems, get your head examined.

It’s your mindset and attitude about money that will either draw it in to you… or repel it away from you.

What’s in Your Head Determines What’s in Your Wallet

In this three-part series, I am going to help you acquire the attitude and mindset of financial abundance.

If you want more money, here is where to look… within… or it is likely to become self-evident that you will go without.

In the book The Instant Millionaire by Mark Fisher, the old millionaire asks the boy who has sought his advice about becoming a millionaire, “Why aren’t you rich already?”

That is a good question to ask yourself. You live in an era of unprecedented wealth and opportunity. It has never been easier, and more people have become wealthy in the last 20 years than during any other time in human history. Why haven’t you?

Your answer to this question will reveal a lot about yourself. Your answers will expose your

excuses, rationalizations, justifications and maybe some self-limiting beliefs, doubts and fears.

Hey, remember, you don’t read this blog for me to take it easy on you and to skirt around the issue. I think you appreciate me giving it to you straight, right?

It’s time to reprogram your mental hard drive. One of the greatest limitations to achieving financial abundance is a deep-seated belief that somehow money is wrong and that people who have a lot of it are inherently manipulative, conniving and/or evil. This belief is fiction. It goes back to early childhood conditioning, when the growing child is often told this by those who are jealous of others and want to rationalize away their own financial failures.

Contrary to the sourpuss creed: Money is the root of all good. It takes money to build hospitals, churches, shelters and charities. Money is also needed to buy homes, cars, clothes, food, education, vacations and other glorious experiences in life. Life is limitless abundance.

The other side of the dollar bill

To gain money is not to take it away from someone else. Money is granted to the creator, the one who has built something where nothing existed before. Money is the tool of exchange for production. Money is earned only by the producer. Wealth is the material shape of value that was created by effort and applied discipline. Money has energy of its own and it is largely attracted to people who understand its virtues and respect its power.

Money tends to flow toward those people who can use it in the most productive ways to produce valuable goods and services, and who can invest it to create employment and opportunities that benefit others. At the same time, money flows away from those who use it poorly, or who spend it in nonproductive ways.

Here’s what might be pushing money away from you: your attitude.

Your attitude about money is either attracting money to you or pushing it away. If we build a negative relationship with the dollar bill, it’s reflected in our thoughts, feelings and actions.

Let me identify for you the most destructive and costly attitude there is: worry.

Worry will push money away from you. Worry is a fear emotion. Fearful thoughts deplete your creative energies, inhibiting your ability to make smart choices and take progressive action, which ends up pushing you farther away from prosperity.

Now let me give you the antidote to worry: gratitude.

When we have an attitude and belief of abundance we attract money toward us. This isn’t any voodoo secret, it is plain and simple—you see what you are looking for and expect to find.

When we are confident about money, grateful for what we have, that changes how we see things; how we talk, act and interact. This mindset, outlook and behavior also stimulate your inner creativity and attract other like-minded people and circumstances that come with money-making insights and opportunities.

Positive, ambitious, abundant-minded people like to associate with and do business with like kind. They avoid those with nervous or pessimistic attitudes about what’s possible. Once you feel thankful for all you have, you will feel instantly wealthy. Once you feel wealthy you will continue to think wealthy and act wealthy, and it will charge up the magnet that will attract more and more wealth to you.

In the next post I will give you some tools on how to get a grip on your finances and chart a course toward sustainable wealth and prosperity. To additionally help you with this very important topic I will bring in my mentor, Mr. Jim Rohn, with a special audio excerpt on how to create an economic and financial plan to achieve financial independence. You won’t want to miss that! If you are not subscribed for email updates, click here.

Why aren’t you wealthy already? What has been your greatest limitation (take full responsibility, no blaming)? What will you do about it now? Proclaim your change in the comments below.

Worked well for me. ? You can buy branded and generic medicines.

Comments

1. high pay out says:

Everything composed made a ton of sense. However,
    what about this? what if you added a little content?
    I ain’t suggesting your information isn’t solid,
    however suppose you added a title that makes people want more?

I mean MONEY, MONEY, MONEY (1 of 3) | Darren Hardy, Publisher of SUCCESS Magazine is kinda boring.
    You might peek at Yahoo’s home page and watch how they create
    news headlines to grab people to open the links. You might add a related video or a related picture
    or two to grab people interested about everything’ve written.
    Just my opinion, it might bring your posts a little bit more interesting.

2. I almost never comment, however after browsing a few of the remarks on MONEY, MONEY, MONEY (1 of 3) | Darren Hardy,
    Publisher of SUCCESS Magazine. I actually do have a couple of questions for you
    if you do not mind. Is it just me or does it give the impression like a
    few of these responses appear like they are written by brain dead people?

:-P And, if you are posting at additional sites, I’d like to keep up with everything fresh you have to post.
    Would you post a list of the complete urls of your social
    networking sites like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

3. read more says:

I simply could not go away your web site before suggesting that I extremely enjoyed the usual information a person supply to your visitors? Is gonna be again ceaselessly to check out new posts

4. make money says:

Thank you a lot for sharing this with all of us you really realize what you’re talking about! Bookmarked. Kindly also discuss with my website =). We could have a hyperlink exchange contract among us

5. This blog was… how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something which helped me.
    Cheers!

6. Rick Willey says:

This message keeps coming back to “haunt” me! LOL
    Maybe one day I’ll actually get it out of my head & into my Heart and Soul! I’ll keep working on it! My Major set back is I never stick with anything long enough to get results! As soon as things get difficult I get going….I mean leaving! Not sure how to overcome this habit but at least I’m aware of it. that’s a start! Thanks Darren!

7. Hector V says:

Thank you Darren,,,, I get inspired by your words of wisdom. Thank you and all your mentors!!!!

8. DEBBY says:

UNSUBSCRIBE ME PLEASE

9. Indeed, a mindset of abundance brings more. When we are able to see the abundance in our lives and have gratitude for what we have here and now we draw more abundance to us. I have learned to see all that I have in abundance; health, good relationships, and basic material things. When we compare most our lives to those who are truly suffering we can see we have an abundance… that coupled with gratitude allows for more abundance.

10. In this blog post and the interviews that came with this month’s Success Club (Vemma), you and Terry and Jim all talk about how money beliefs are set in motion in childhood. I have a daughter who will be 7 next month and I don’t want to pass my money stress on to her (I’m working on mine!). I’m wondering what the best way is to instill positive money beliefs in a child so she will just expect to not have money worries in her life and live in a way that will be conducive to that lifestyle.

Children learn by watching, Shelley. Best way to help your daughter is to help yourself and act/do accordingly.
    Sorry, no easier answer.

11. Sheila Funk-Clark says:

I do believe that what we think is what we get! I am so grateful for having a “Darren Hardy” out there to teach and inspire those of us out here who are ready for growth! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

12. Etieno Etuk says:

One’s attitude about money is what either attracts money to them or pushes it away. One the things we must be very careful about if we’re going to succeed and have lots of money is to shun worry. Worry will push money away from you. Instead, be grateful for what you’ve got and for what you’re going to get. Gratitude is the antidote to worry. Once you feel thankful for all you have, you will feel instantly wealthy.

Thanks for sharing.

13. Bryan Salek says:

Thanks Darren. Gratitude is definitely something I struggle with. I am thankful, thats the easy part in todays economy, but sometimes from an undeserving perspective, which I know is limiting. But every day I consume some Success, I get a little better!

14. Hi Darren, I’m Mark from Spain. I saw you last weekend in Cologne and I will tell you how I approach my business, which is ACN has changed. From now follow your advice, even to me is more complicated because I can not speak or write English. I will do everything with Google Translator, but I will. I am reading the book “Secrets of the Millionaire Mind”, and he is charming. What would you recommend to read? Yours and I bought it and I will read.

15. Tracy says:

Why aren’t you wealthy already? Too busy trying to make a living.

What has been your greatest limitation (take full responsibility, no blaming)? fear, lack of discipline

What will you do about it now? not sure

Come back for more next week, Tracy, and we’ll help you figure it out! :)

Wow Mr Hardy your posts just keep getting better and better!! An abundance mindset makes you wealthy regardless of your bank account! Playing with house money is what the good life is all about. Know your worth before you sum up your wealth and you win every time. We always have an ace in the hole we just have to make sure we live it!

17. ralph says:

Darren let me start by saying im grateful to have recieved and read this message cause im a bigger dream have big plans and hard working but have seen no fruits of my labour reason being i tend to worry alot about how will or where will the money come from to make my idea realistic…i have learnt today that by worrying i have pushed my dreams away nevertheless change has come my way I SHALL NOT DWELL ON WORRY ANYMORE!

Kudos for that, Ralph!!! What’s your plan of action to keep yourself from worry?

ralph Reply:

@Darren Hardy, i am getting rid of all kinds of fear in me and around me..not listening to folks who induce fear into me

18. Joyce says:

My greatest limitation has been myself and believing I “was” not deserving. My mindset has begun to change…after reading, re-reading and reading again daily “The Secret” & “The Power of Positive Thinking”. I now daily think of money as my alley not the enemy, I am worthy of much wealth and grateful for all the wealth, resources available to me make all my financial dreams a reality! Looking forward part 2 post of MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!

19. Sarah says:

I saw you speak, Darren, and it gave me relentless motivation to improve my situations. Thank you for your gifts. I start off almost every morning writing that I am healthy, wealthy, happy & holy and then describe in that moment with details how I am all those things. I end the evening writing in my journal and let the ideas flow… Everything around me has improved! Totally blissed about life. Can’t wait to read more of your ideas…

20. Tarik Dugum says:

Why waste your energy worrying about things when you can always look for solutions, keep worrying and see how things will never change. Darren, you are the best at what you do, keep up the good work, and please include Jim Rohn’s teachings in your success magazine cd’s, thank you so much..

21. Great post Darren!

Spot on. “If you want to fix your money problems, get your head examined”. Same goes for all your business and personal problems – they can’t come from anywhere else, otherwise all six billion plus of us would be in the same boat… and even then we’d all see the boat differently!

“It’s your mindset and attitude about money that will either draw it in to you… or repel it away from you – what’s in Your Head Determines What’s in Your Wallet”. As you think, so you travel – or to put it another way… ‘Creation impartially manifests the congruence it’s given’. Any in-congruence stifles change, therefore the existing belief (reality) continues… eg. I want more money – but my self-image says I’m not worth it. That’s ‘an internal congruence of not worth it’.

Nothing in the self-image is real – it’s just a belief. Beliefs can be, and are changed all the time. The obstacle that you conquered yesterday, is just an old belief you’ve changed – ‘changed belief equals obstacle overcome and gone for good’.

Lift the self-image (self worth beliefs) to be congruent with a certain amount of money, then congruent feelings and actions will follow, followed by congruent circumstances – eg. the means to make the money, or to have the money show up.

“As you are (internally), so it is delivered to you (externally). It’s from the inside-out, not the out-side in”.

22. Amazing Post Darren!

I am very happy somebody tweeted your post.

Money is just a result of who we are inside, I follow this mindset author T. Harv Eker and he is a firm believer that money is a result of what running in your mind which I entirely agree on.

Our minds is one of the most powerful strong machine that is ever but since we humans are fearful and protecting ourselves to the “possible harms” of our environment it limits us to grow and attract more money.

For me, mindset is the reason why there are rich and poor people because at the end of the day everybody starts from no where. Even though your the son of a billionaire you still have to make your own life, which means nothing is impossible become impossible is only created by the mind.

Cheers and Stay Awesome!

Armand Polanski

23. Sasha says:

I think that what has been holding me back from becoming rich already is lack of knowledge. I come from a poor family and no one ever talked to me about how to make money or how to have a healty attitude toward money. Our lives were dominated by worry. All I knew was that I didn’t want to live that way my whole life. Now as an adult, I am slowing learning ways to attract money as well as new ways to think about money. I really enjoy these newsletters and try to read them with an open mind and heart to allow the learning to sink in. Thank you!

24. JP says:

Love this line “Wealth is the material shape of value that was created by effort and applied discipline”
    JP

25. Ken Pierce says:

Daren, I purchased The Compound Effect, and with your downloads made cd’s to listen to in the car. I am weaning myself off of talk radio with your “talk sensico”. Thank you for the kick in the butt truths. Ken

Love the Rollin’ University, Ken!!!

26. B-Rad says:

Always a terrific topic that many people struggle with. Great article!

The fortune starts with the mindset. If you don’t believe you can achieve, you’re already defeated. Paraphrasing Jim Rohn; Gargbage In, Garbage Out – We have to get rid of all the garbage we have been feeding our subconscious and start feeding it with positive, empowering thoughts. This goes for all areas of life, including money.
    I grew up in a household where money wasn’t spoken about. This is very common and one of the truly great tragedies of today’s society. We all want better for our kids than we had for ourselves, but why is it most parents don’t talk to, and teach, their kids about money? They aren’t learning it in the broken school system we have. We must step up and start taking responsibility to share with our children what they need to know about money.
    I will be sharing The Compound Effect with my teenage son, and later with my daughter.
    Thanks Darren!

Great way to set a solid foundation for your kids, B-Rad! Have you checked out SUCCESS for Teens yet?: http://www.successfoundation.org/

27. Satya Pal says:

Thanks for such a wonderful article and givingme an insight as what I have been focussing which is taking all away than attacting it.

28. Alex says:

Thanks Darren… We saw you twice in Barcelona and recently in Cologne and you are really an exceptional person. We admire you and also your mentor Jim Rohn. Changed life! Sure, 13 months later we opened our minds. You both became already part of our personal history.

Thanks Alex! Glad you finally came around! ;)

29. Manoj says:

Greetings of the Day, Darren nice post. You have imbibed many qualities from Sir JIM ROHN,
    i too consider him my mentor. Your writings are incredible.

Honored, Manoj! Thanks! :)

30. Oooh baby! The topic of money is such an emotional trigger. It’s great that you’re touching on it with your truly unique perspective. I’m anticipating that you will be addressing the concept of “tithing” in parts 2 or 3. This has been the most powerful factor for creating abundance in my family’s life! I hope it’s OK for me to recommend a couple of books to read along with The Compound Effect– The Four Spiritual Laws of Prosperity by Edwene Gaines and The Soul Of Money by Lynn Twist. Powerful books that can help transform attitudes about abundance and wealth.

Thanks for all your inspiration, Darren!

31. Chris K. says:

Hi Darren! I’ve never been attatched to money. But like Zig says “money isn’t everything but you can rank it up there with oxygen!”. My inner mantra is love and service. With that formula the money comes naturally. You want more money just go look for service. Put a little love in the mix and you got a happy customer. Gratitude is a two way street. I’m so grateful for customers and for you to Darren! Awesome topic and series during a global mindset of scarcity. I look forward to part 2 on Money! God Bless my Friend!

Yes, gratitude is a two way street, Chris! There’s A LOT to be said for being grateful, too: http://darrenhardy.success.com/2010/11/to-be-great-be-grateful/ :)

32. Catherine says:

Darren, My husband and I listened to your audiobook on a day long drive and we were completely blown away by The Compound Effect. My sister drove back with us and we were listening to it all over again, and she loved it as well. You have masterfully made sense of and given us practical take aways to apply the concepts we were already familiar with but didn’t know what to do with. I especially loved that you said it takes 3 years to really become adept – I have been jumping from one thing to the next and plan to stay a while now. For the past 8 days since I read your book, I have been logging everything I eat and spend. My only goal has been to log, as I want to take small steps. 8 days is about 6 days longer than I’ve ever been able to do this – and consistency is key. I now see myself as the tortoise and not the hare.
    thank you – will be around and taking in whatever you got to give

Great testimony, Catherine!!! LOVE hearing these stories! Would you mind helping others find The Compound Effect by leaving a review on Amazon: http://budurl.com/g2av and/or Barnes & Noble: http://budurl.com/a76d ? I’d greatly appreciate it! :)

33. Roy Prevost says:

Exactly what I needed to hear!
    I have been worrying and it has not served me!!
    Thanks for all you do

34. Donna says:

Big Ups to Jim Rohon (May God Bless Your Soul)
    “Your net worth will seldom exceed you self worth”
    Thanks Darren, I sure appreciate you in my Inbox

35. David says:

Darren, thanks, it was just the message I’m looking for today, I’ve started my wealth program and dreaming boldly for what I will be able to accomplished in the next 10 years, look forward to the next article, thanks for all the postive energy you provide your readings, David

36. Marilyn Wier says:

Hi Dale,
    I thoroughly enjoyed your post, and I love what you quoted from Jim Rohn: Money is one of the greatest measurements of one’s mindset. As Jim Rohn says, “Your net worth will seldom exceed your self worth.” If we don’t believe that we can achieve it then we probably can’t.

Thanks for the shot in the arm.
    Marilyn

37. Barbara says:

Darren, my daughter sent me your article besause she thought I would like it, and was she ever right. It was like food to a hungry man(woman in my case). I can’t wait to reathe rest. You are great, thanks.

Thanks Barbara! One great kid you’ve got there, too! ;)

38. Heron says:

Even from way back then the teaching was “As a man thinketh, so is he”. Think powerful thoughts.

39. Larry R says:

You an not spend more than you take in, only the U.S Government or a church can get by with this

40. cody says:

I am a prosperous, abundant, magnetic and wealthy Man!

41. Teddy says:

Darren

Great first article. I always like your article series. This looks like another winner. I know for me when I do worry about money it seems to be lacking, but when I am in the flow money seems easy to earn.

It comes down to my thinking at the time and when I realize I am in the negative mindset I am unhappy. Reading your blog helps keep me in the positive mindset. Thanks again

42. Perfect timing :) I needed it… I already feel better just by reading this post. Thank you!

43. Barry says:

Thanks Darren. I need this…like yesterday. Re-reading The Compound Effect.

It’s never too late, Barry! ;)

surjeet Reply:

@Darren Hardy, dear sir it is very genious story ,i like it

1. [...] MONEY, MONEY, MONEY (1 of 3) The cause and fix to all your money problems. Be sure to see post #3 too. [...]

2. [...] 4769. On June 5, 2012   /   Uncategorized   /   Leave a comment [...]

3. energy efficient dishwashers…

[...]MONEY, MONEY, MONEY (1 of 3) | Darren Hardy, Publisher of SUCCESS Magazine[...]…

4. Every waysto makeprofit online…

5. net.biz.pl says:

net.biz.pl…

6. Make money online…

7. grant writing job…

8. commission cheat review…

9. tater says:

tater…

10. Save My Palm Beach County Home…

11. 網頁 says:

網頁…

12. [...] an aside, I found it a little ironic that just this morning I read this 3-part series on “Money, Money, Money” by Darren Hardy, publisher of Success [...]

13. Training vacancies…

14. [...] the last postwe discovered the great sabotaging factor of your greater wealth (hint, it’s in the mirror). In [...]

15. [...] Money, Money, Money Part 1 & Part 2 from the blog of SUCCESS Magazine Publisher Darren Hardy explores the topic of Money. Darren explains that it is what’s in your head determines what’s in your wallet. The most costly attitude one can have is worry. Worry pushes money away from you. To resolve that, Darren says to have gratitude. When one is confident about money, grateful for what one has, that can transform how one sees things, talk and interact. Part 2 has some tools for you to get a grip on money. Most people have no clue their cash flow and net worth. If you don’t, how do you know the direction you are headed. Use the tools included and some of the tips to help you increase your money situation. We are happy to assist in any of those endeavors. [...]

16. [...] the last post we discovered the great sabotaging factor of your greater wealth (hint, it’s in the mirror). In [...]