Today in order to gain a customer, keep that customer and turn that customer into a positive advocate it requires cultivating a meaningful relationship.
The companies that are winning big and will dramatically breakaway from the competitive herd going forward will be those that learn how to master the tools, platform and relational skills of social media (among other contemporary innovations in marketing and communication).
This is such an important issue for the budding entrepreneur and small business owner that I searched the country over to
try and bring you the very best to address this topic and bring them to the SUCCESS table in our July issue of SUCCESS. I’m NOT talking about just social media for socializing sakes, but social media done effectively for moving the needle in entrepreneurial and small business customer and revenue growth.
If you are a subscriber to SUCCESS (gasp! if you aren’t!) you heard me interview Paul Slack, the President of one of the largest social media agencies in the country (www.SplashMedia.com) on the CD bound into the issue. Paul employs over 80 people who manage the social media accounts for over 200 companies. They have put in 60,000 man and woman hours watching, monitoring, measuring and driving social media engagements. For this young and budding industry there is probably not another company with more street level experience, data and
At the end of the CD I promised I would go back through the interview and capture each action step and develop a summary document for you.
It bullet points:
- The 3 biggest mistakes people make in social media marketing.
- The 5.5 Point plan for getting started
- The 5 steps to execution success
- Tips on community building and 7 points on building a winning business blog
- Also, after the interview I also arm wrestled some of the key documents Paul’s company uses to fully initialize each new social media account and the very checklist they use to manage the individual social media communities of over 200 companies. What to do daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly and exactly what actions to take in those periods to drive social media community building, engagement and conversion on Facebook, twitter, linkedin, youtube and your blog.
Here are those documents I created for you:
Share your thoughts, comments and favorite social media marketing strategies in the comments below.
Share this post