The phrase “life balance” is malarkey. Here is another one: “LOVE is all there is.” Ah, no, there is HATE too.
Everyone needs an enemy.
- Luke had Darth Vader.
- Batman had the Joker.
- David had Goliath.
- Twenty-somethings rage against “The Man.”
- Rush Limbaugh has the liberals.
- Lance Armstrong has cancer.
- Apple has Microsoft.
- Rocky had Apollo Creed, then Mr. T, then the Russian, then…(ad nausea)
- America used to have the Russians; now, it’s Osama bin Laden and Kim Jong Il and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and…
- Even God has Satan.
An enemy gives you a reason to fight. Having to fight challenges your skills, character and resolve. It forces you to assess and exercise your talents and abilities.
Without a fight, we all become fat, lazy and sedentary; we lose purpose, passion and vigor.
Want to rally your troops, mobilize your community and get everyone fired up? Find an enemy and pick a fight.
Let’s find some butt for you to kick…
- What value is your business trying to create? What is the opposite of that?
- What problem are your trying to solve? There, we’ve got a problem, but now we have to give it a face—something to make a dartboard of.
Example: At SUCCESS, read more »