Who is the most important person involved in staging a global economic comeback?
- The current President of the United States?
- Whoever the next President is?
- The Fed Chairman?
- The U.S. Treasury Secretary?
The most important person for the future of the United States and global economy is YOU—the entrepreneur.
You have heard the statistics before, but they are worth repeating as it shows you the tremendous power and burden YOU have for making an economic recovery possible.
U.S. Small Business Administration reports that, small businesses are responsible for 58% of all jobs and half of the total GDP. 64% of all new jobs were created solely by small businesses over the past 19 years.
• Represent 99.7% of all employer firms
• Employ more than 50% the private-sector employees
• Pay 44% of the total U.S. private payroll
• Have generated more than 64% of all new jobs during the past 15 years
• And create more than 50% the private gross domestic product
*statistics from U.S. Small Business Administration
Carl Schramm, president of the Kauffman Foundation says this, “Entrepreneurs, people who now create more than half the new jobs in America,are defining the new economy, not just here, but around the world. We could call the current era the age of entrepreneurial capitalism.”
This new era is changing the face of what we think of as the entrepreneur as well.
Entrepreneurs over the next decade will be far more diverse than their predecessors in age, origin and gender.
If you are in the business of recruiting or selling to entrepreneurs this is very important information for you.
Traditionally entrepreneurs came predominantly out of the read more »